Edmond, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
We are in the process of finalizing our plans for a new pool build. We have 2 acres and are doing a 25x21' cabana with bathroom and storage room and new pool. Could you please take at the pool drawing and items below and weigh in with any thoughts / guidance? We have a slight incline in our back yard and are doing an 18" raised wall along the back of the pool with mulched trees and shrubs / flowers along the backside of the pool. Also, we are changing the middle waterfall to the one in the picture attached. We were going to do Ozone but thanks to this site and our pool builder we're doing SWCG.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Pentair VS pump
Pentair 520 Clean & Clear filter
Pentair Prowler 930 pool cleaner
(3) Pentair LED pool light
6" tile w/ choice of colors
800 sqft colored concrete w/ salt finish
#6 gray plaster w/ extra Sparkles
Flagstone Stone for coping
Auto fill
Overflow drain
(2) Skimmers
(2) Main drains
(5) Returns
2hp air blower
(1) LED Spa light
Pentair 400,000 BTU heater
(10) Spa jets
Easy Touch 8 w/ salt system & screen logic controls
Stacked stone on veneer
40' LFT raised wall x18" tall
Stacked stone veneer
Extra Pentair pump
LED LIGHTED WATER SHEER DESCENTS $1,800
(2) 2' LED water sheer descents w/ smart sync
Waterfall as shown in separate picture in the center

REBAR
3/8" rebar for walls & floor on 8" centers & on 4" centers in stress areas
1/2" rebar on top Beam

PLUMBING
All suction Lines are 2 1/2" SCH 40 pipe
All returns Lines are 2" SCH 40 pipe
All bubbler Lines are 1 1/2" SCH 40 pipe

GUNITE
12" thick on Beam
9" on walls & floor

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 158
  • pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 168
  • waterfall.jpg
    waterfall.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 169
Welcome to TFP!

Looks like a beautiful project!

One suggestion is to make sure the cabana has an unobstructed view of the water. People without pools imagine lounging around on the deck, but it is hot out in the sun. If you can see from the cabana, you can relax inside while still supervising anyone in the pool that needs watching. My walls stop two feet off the ground which is just right.

Reactions: RU4Cycling2
Instead of the Easy Touch 8 w/ screen logic controls, you should look into the newer IntelliCenter system (that is already internet enabled). Also check what IntelliChlor system you'll be getting, is it IC40 or IC60? I'm assuming the Pentair VS pump will be an Intelliflo.

RU4,

Makes sure the VS pump is an IntelliFlo style pump.. You do not want the Pentair SuperFlo VS, as it can't be controlled by automation.. You also want to make sure that no matter what pump you get, that it does NOT have the SVRS option...

I have three EasyTouch salt systems and IntelliFlo pumps.. They work great and I love them.. But.... if I were to build a new pool today, I would buy the new Pentair IntelliCenter.. Same basic price when you include ScreenLogic, but the IntelliCenter comes with a ScreenLogic-like systems as an integrated part of the new system..

Make sure any salt cell you get is at least 2 x the volume of your pool.. So a 20K pool needs a cell rated for 40K.

One of my rent houses has Flagstone and I would never recommend it to anyone...

Thanks and good luck with your pool build,

Jim R.

Instead of the Easy Touch 8 w/ screen logic controls, you should look into the newer IntelliCenter system (that is already internet enabled). Also check what IntelliChlor system you'll be getting, is it IC40 or IC60? I'm assuming the Pentair VS pump will be an Intelliflo.
Thank you. I will check with my PB and ask for the IntelliCetner, ensure we will get the Intelliflo, and check on the IntelliChlor system. Appreciate it.

RU4,

Makes sure the VS pump is an IntelliFlo style pump.. You do not want the Pentair SuperFlo VS, as it can't be controlled by automation.. You also want to make sure that no matter what pump you get, that it does NOT have the SVRS option...

I have three EasyTouch salt systems and IntelliFlo pumps.. They work great and I love them.. But.... if I were to build a new pool today, I would buy the new Pentair IntelliCenter.. Same basic price when you include ScreenLogic, but the IntelliCenter comes with a ScreenLogic-like systems as an integrated part of the new system..

Make sure any salt cell you get is at least 2 x the volume of your pool.. So a 20K pool needs a cell rated for 40K.

One of my rent houses has Flagstone and I would never recommend it to anyone...

Thanks and good luck with your pool build,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim! Should I expect much of a price uplift moving to IntelliCenter?

RU4,

Well, it should be about the same price, but that really depends on what kind of robber-barren your pool builder is... :mrgreen:

The EasyTouch will work just fine, but the IntelliCenter is just much better..

Check out this site under Pentair IntelliCenter.. Pentair Controls

Thanks,

Jim R.

It’s a 320 Inline chlorinator. Is that ok?

Great layout.
The 320 inline chlorinator is only installed if you plan to use 3" chlorine tablets (pucks), but since you indicated you will have a SWG system, this inline chlorinator is just not needed. I wonder if the PB left it in my mistake because many people do use chlorine pucks. Its low cost but just takes up space on your plumbing at the equipment pad so best to delete it.

Since you have 2 skimmers (which I think is great), ensure that each is independently plumbed back to the equipment pad as that will provide you the greatest control. So you should have 4 suction lines at the equipment pad, each with a valve for control - 1 from spa bottom drain, 1 from pool bottom drain, and 1 each from the skimmers.

Similarly, you have water features and it is noted that you have an extra pump. I assume that is to power the water features which is great. I like having a separate circulation system for the water features. Since you have a waterfall and 2 sheer descents, ensure they are also independently plumbed back to the equipment pad as well. This will be on the return side. This gives optimum control and also ease of troubleshooting if something doesn't work or leaks in the future.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great layout.
The 320 inline chlorinator is only installed if you plan to use 3" chlorine tablets (pucks), but since you indicated you will have a SWG system, this inline chlorinator is just not needed. I wonder if the PB left it in my mistake because many people do use chlorine pucks. Its low cost but just takes up space on your plumbing at the equipment pad so best to delete it.

Since you have 2 skimmers (which I think is great), ensure that each is independently plumbed back to the equipment pad as that will provide you the greatest control. So you should have 4 suction lines at the equipment pad, each with a valve for control - 1 from spa bottom drain, 1 from pool bottom drain, and 1 each from the skimmers.

Similarly, you have water features and it is noted that you have an extra pump. I assume that is to power the water features which is great. I like having a separate circulation system for the water features. Since you have a waterfall and 2 sheer descents, ensure they are also independently plumbed back to the equipment pad as well. This will be on the return side. This gives optimum control and also ease of troubleshooting if something doesn't work or leaks in the future.
Thanks!

Spoke with my PB this morning to finalize plans... he clarified the pump will be an Intelliflo. He said we could do the IntelliCenter for the same price; just mentioned that he's had a few challenges with them. He said he will use an IC40.

Here's the updated list:

POOL SPECS
Pool size 21'x24'x16'x18'x44
Pool sqft 776
Pool Perimeter 113
Pool sqft deck 1150
Tanning Ledge 8'x12'

BASE POOL $59,660

Pentair VS pump
(2) Pentair LED pool light
Tanning Ledge w/ (2) Pentair LED bubbler lights
320 Inline Chlorinator
Flagstone coping
Auto fill
Overflow drain
(2) Skimmers
(2) Main drains
(5) Returns
Accents rock around coping
(2) Seat areas
Jump Rock

SPA $10,750
2Hp Air blower
10 Jets
(1) Pentair LED Spa light
Pentair Easy touch 8 w/ Salt system & screen logic controls
Stacked Stone on veneer of Spa

RAISED WALL $4,650
(2) 2' lighted sheer descents
35' LFT raised wall 18" tall
Stacked stone
plumbing

WATERFALL $5,550
8' Long x 3'-5' wide ,
River style waterfall
extra Pentair pump
plumbing

LANDSCAPE LIGHTS $1,500

(4) LED Pentair lights
electric conduit

EXTRA POOL DECKING $2,450
350 Colored concrete w/ salt finish
Demo of existing side walk

ELECTRIC & GAS HOOK UP $2,800

R,

The main problem with the IntelliCenter is that it is new.. Everyone knows how to install the EasyTouch, but not the IntelliCenter.. Everyone likes what they know.. After they have installed a few, they will not have any more "challenges".

Thanks,

Jim R.

Spoke with my PB this morning to finalize plans... he clarified the pump will be an Intelliflo. He said we could do the IntelliCenter for the same price; just mentioned that he's had a few challenges with them. He said he will use an IC40.

Here's the updated list:

POOL SPECS
Pool sqft 776
Pool Perimeter 113
Pool sqft deck 1150
Tanning Ledge 8'x12'

BASE POOL $59,660

Pentair VS pump
320 Inline Chlorinator
Flagstone coping
Auto fill
Overflow drain
(2) Skimmers
(2) Main drains
(5) Returns
(2) Seat areas
Jump Rock

SPA $10,750
2Hp Air blower
10 Jets

RAISED WALL $4,650
Stacked stone
plumbing

WATERFALL $5,550
8' Long x 3'-5' wide ,
River style waterfall
extra Pentair pump
plumbing

LANDSCAPE LIGHTS $1,500

(4) LED Pentair lights
electric conduit

may be a typo or overlooked but the 320 Chlorinator is still on the list. It will be replaced by the IC40

Also your quote still shows ET & SC, should be replaced w/ IC. How many gallons will your pool be? It's recommended to have a cell size double that of your pool.

Here's the updated list:

POOL SPECS
Pool sqft 776
Pool Perimeter 113
Pool sqft deck 1150
Tanning Ledge 8'x12'

BASE POOL $59,660

Pentair VS pump
320 Inline Chlorinator
Flagstone coping
Auto fill
Overflow drain
(2) Skimmers
(2) Main drains
(5) Returns
(2) Seat areas
Jump Rock

SPA $10,750
2Hp Air blower
10 Jets

RAISED WALL $4,650
Stacked stone
plumbing

WATERFALL $5,550
8' Long x 3'-5' wide ,
River style waterfall
extra Pentair pump
plumbing

LANDSCAPE LIGHTS $1,500

(4) LED Pentair lights
electric conduit

Do you mind sharing who you're using? I live in Oklahoma and am in the process of getting bids.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.