New Pool Build in NJ-Planning Stages

Heat2051

Oct 28, 2020
Morris County, NJ
Have been lurking for awhile, we have decided to put in a fiberglass pool, we are located in Morris County, NJ. I realize we have a lot of work to do to plan etc. for the pool as we are basically at ground zero. Was wondering if anyone could assist with reputable pool builders in the area that we can solicit for multiple quotes and sound advice. Need to get someone who knows what they are doing and will do a quality job. We are looking to do a basic freeform, heated fiberglass pool with a small brushed concrete patio around it. Would like to have a spa attached or stand alone next to it if possible. No special or "premium" features. It looks like we will need to get an impervious coverage variance from the town as well. Any help would be appreciated!!

Welcome to TFP.

@jimmythegreek is in your area. But he has said he is slammed for 2020 and most of 2021. I think you will find that is the situation for all the good pool builders. And I would look carefully at any PB who says he has capacity to take on a new project.

Last edited:
Fiberglass are not very popular here due to soil conditions. We have lots of clay mix and fiberglass is very dependent on dry ground. It helps if your high and dry. First thing is to apply for a variance amd get approved. A hand drawing is enough to start process. It's a pain. Plan for bigger than you want theres no penalty for going smaller. Until you have a green light you may be spinning your wheels. 95% of pools here are vinyl lined. You also want a stand alone tub not attached. Your tub would currently be shut down amd winterized til april if it was attached. If dead set on fiberglass reach out to manufacturers and get one of their authorized installers and be very careful of drainage around pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.