New pool Build in Lutz (Tampa), FL

That is a tough one. I would think if it is lockable it would be even better than the noise ones. Just make sure to NOT leave the key in it. I will call in someone who may know or be able to find out for us.......... @ajw22 any input?

I don’t know FL codes. Best to ask an inspector in the area what alternatives you have to pass inspection.

I don’t know FL codes. Best to ask an inspector in the area what alternatives you have to pass inspection.

Call or goto your permitting office and talk to them they should have they information you need. Is your pool builder not handling those requirements?

Reactions: Werdnaycart
the safety alarms were my responsibility in the contract. I've asked the PB also, he says I should be fine with what I have and if the inspector has an issue with how we have it we'll just do whatever he suggests. We have a couch right in front of this window, so the 54" is not out of reach of any little ones that would stand on the couch anyway (which is why I think the lock would make this much safer, and comply with the intent of the code better). Safety Inspection is Monday morning, so fingers crossed all goes well. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: kimkats
I noticed today a crack has appeared in the gunite that definitely hasn't been there in the past. I haven't looked too closely the last week or so, but I was watering every for the first 10-14 days, and it wasn't there during that time. (shell was shot back around May 5th or so) It runs pretty much the width of the pool right around the beginning of the slope from the shallow end to the deep end. Does this look like something to be concerned with?

pool crack 2.jpgpool crack 1.jpg

I think they’re going to be plastering this week. That’s the only step that’s left. I sent pictures to the builder. Waiting to see what they say. Should I have them delay plastering to wait and see what happens with this crack?
It wouldn't hurt to wait. It's pretty odd for there to be a crack like that at this point of the build

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not yet, it looks like they'll be here end of this week. They came out and looked at the crack and assured me its just a surface crack. I sent them photos of it in an e-mail in case it pops up again down the road. You must be finished by now, no?

We've been
Not yet, it looks like they'll be here end of this week. They came out and looked at the crack and assured me its just a surface crack. I sent them photos of it in an e-mail in case it pops up again down the road. You must be finished by now, no?

Thats good they think its nothing major. They finished up about a month ago and we have been swimming for a few weeks now.
They're coming at the end of the week to start up the salt and heater. They wanted to come today but I wanted to wait a few extra days on the salt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.