New Pool Build in DFW

I contacted an online supplier directly through email and they have most of the equipment I need minus the automation. I think I will try to move forward with this even without the automation to hopefully enjoy the pool end of summer.

I do have to decide on lights and was thinking of getting a color Intellibright and a spa intellibright. I am definitely open to suggestions though.
I can’t speak to the lights you need but we have micro lights and we could use another one in the splash area.

automation systems and lights aren’t short so have your builder order them from the supply house and save some serious money :).

For those of you looking for equipment, I took the advice of @Dallaspoolneed and purchased my own. My builder is flexible and was fine going that direction.
I am happy to say that I now have all the equipment needed.
I purchased the filter and heater from a local supplier (1 stop pool)
Intellicenter came from Polytec (shipped same day)
Pump and blower from American Best pool supply online.
Thanks to this forum, my build is back on track!

I also had questions about Intellicenter vs EasyTouch and came and came across this video:

For those of you looking for equipment, I took the advice of @Dallaspoolneed and purchased my own. My builder is flexible and was fine going that direction.
I am happy to say that I now have all the equipment needed.
I purchased the filter and heater from a local supplier (1 stop pool)
Intellicenter came from Polytec (shipped same day)
Pump and blower from American Best pool supply online.
Thanks to this forum, my build is back on track!

I also had questions about Intellicenter vs EasyTouch and came and came across this video:
💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽 Hope it works out, we are dealing with slippery concrete issues.

There was a decent delay over the past month but I believe we are getting close to the finish line.

End of August - plumbing and electric completed.
Early September- equipment installed.
September 10th, decking prep and steel added.
Hoping to complete decking this week (9-14) and then just plaster and startup left.

Our backyard after the plumbing and gas lines were added looked like a war zone. It was amazing how quickly that got cleaned up when the decking prep was completed.

5339B4B4-63D1-4504-9DBB-D4452AF2CA9E.jpeg
1B5BD428-3578-423B-8D0B-801A6581D8BE.jpeg

13DC1994-9DF9-4562-AF6E-407A68E9AB6D.jpeg

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.