New Pool Build Fort Worth TX

Just a couple of ideas.... who owns that fence back there? If you do, you can have a lot of fun coming up with new taller/snazzy fencing.

American Pillar - Home

Privacy Fence Design Ideas & Pictures

backyard privacy fence extension – Google Search | How Do It Info - Gardening And Living

Thanks Maddie! Unfortunately our HOA refuses to allow us to add any height to the fence so we can only go with trees/shrubs :-(. Any suggestions on what to plant in the small amount of space we have? If you look at my first post of the renderings we are going to follow landscaping lines that they put in the rendering around the pool. I think we have about 6'8" from the fence to the edge of the pool. And we would need to be able to get around anything we plant in order to prune. We have Zero shade in our backyard until around 6pm each day. So we need things that tolerate full sun and are drought resistant (although we do have an in-ground sprinker system). And something that will grant a little bit of privacy. What are your thoughts on the Cherry Laurel? We were thinking of maybe doing that along the back of the pool and then in the corner putting in a Little Gem Magnolia tree. And then maybe some colorful grasses. Still need ideas on flowers that will bring in some extra color.

Strange that they filled it before putting mastic around the edge... However wow, that's one heck of a fast build - took them 12 weeks in north Dallas, they always had excuses :(

We have heard so many horror stories on how long pool builds have taken in our area! We are so thankful that ours went so quickly, even with the rain. And our PB said they do the mastic last... not sure why.

Husband is brushing twice a day with the wall whale brush. Water is turning a beautiful shade of turquoise/aqua blue.

I absolutely LOVE the cascading spillway... it has the most soothing sound!

7d56375b5ab34f97f1aedd0014c51db1.jpg

761462dfdb67e650dcc20806d9596746.jpg

Love the colour too, and water features are great! Where did they get those strainer covers, I love them!

As soon as they do the mastic, check to make sure it's not on any of the rock, we had a problem and I've heard of others too. Easy to fix if you catch it while it's wet. :)

That water color looks great. Which Wet Edge color is that? We selected a color but I'm already thinking its going to change.

Hi, it is NorthShore Tahoe. We chose it because we were told that the grey pebbles would make the water more of a turquoise/aqua color and that is color we are seeing. We didn't like pictures of the tanning ledge and spa with the grey pebble, but when we saw it in person it is actually very pretty. For some reason it doesn't translate well in pictures.

Wow Kimber, those latest pictures are amazing. Love the color!!

Thank you! Each day the color is getting more beautiful! Can't wait to see the final color when we finally get rid of the blue plaster dust and get the chemicals right!

Love the colour too, and water features are great! Where did they get those strainer covers, I love them!

As soon as they do the mastic, check to make sure it's not on any of the rock, we had a problem and I've heard of others too. Easy to fix if you catch it while it's wet. :)

We got the skimmer covers from Casa Newport Bronze Color Plastic Skimmer Lid (9.9 Lid) (20-01023). We chose the bronze plastic (they have a bronze metal one, but I have heard they get REALLY hot in the Texas sun and I didn't want anyone to get burned feet from them). They were only $29.98 each for the 9.9" lids. A great deal!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool is looking mighty fine. So the hubby (just the hubby) brushes the pool? Poor guy :) I had the wife brushing and the girls wall walking with little brushes and tied a brush to the dogs tail, no free loaders around here!

Has the PB added chems yet?

Pool is looking mighty fine. So the hubby (just the hubby) brushes the pool? Poor guy :) I had the wife brushing and the girls wall walking with little brushes and tied a brush to the dogs tail, no free loaders around here!

Has the PB added chems yet?

LOL... I was going to do one of the brush duties each day, but my husband said I couldn't because I'm too accident prone. Which is true. I've already managed to fall over one of the pipes sticking up and almost broke my ankle. He doesn't want me walking the elevated wall and falling backwards. So my clumsiness got me out of brushing duty! :p

Kimber1, way back in your thread you have a picture of your fire pit. How tall is it?

I like a taller fire pit and yours appears to be taller than most.

Great looking area though! We have a larger yard and will be dealing with the same issues of looking at neighbors. We are fortunately able to go to 8' on the fence but I'm going to have put vegetation back there anyways.

Kimber1, way back in your thread you have a picture of your fire pit. How tall is it?

I like a taller fire pit and yours appears to be taller than most.

Great looking area though! We have a larger yard and will be dealing with the same issues of looking at neighbors. We are fortunately able to go to 8' on the fence but I'm going to have put vegetation back there anyways.

Hi Goob... It is 19.5 inches tall. We wanted a taller fire pit so we could use it as seating when it didn't have a fire. We also wanted to be able to sit on the outside bench and easily roast marshmallows without bending over the fire :). It's been a great height. Hopefully, it will continue to be a good height now that we have converted it from wood to gas. :)

Nice move Kimber1...have you considered taking off the stilettos? All kidding aside good to know you are ok...construction sites can be bad. Love the pool for sure!!

LOL... I was going to do one of the brush duties each day, but my husband said I couldn't because I'm too accident prone. Which is true. I've already managed to fall over one of the pipes sticking up and almost broke my ankle. He doesn't want me walking the elevated wall and falling backwards. So my clumsiness got me out of brushing duty! :p

Hi Goob... It is 19.5 inches tall. We wanted a taller fire pit so we could use it as seating when it didn't have a fire. We also wanted to be able to sit on the outside bench and easily roast marshmallows without bending over the fire :). It's been a great height. Hopefully, it will continue to be a good height now that we have converted it from wood to gas. :)

Thanks, it looks great!

Okay, the PB said we could take over the chemicals.

Here are the readings I took today

87b4c241cf834b4846ba649733e6355c.jpg

What should I add? We have people coming to swim tomorrow and Sunday.

Pool school was supposed to be today, but got rescheduled until Tuesday. So I have had no guidance from the PB other than to put a chlorine puck in each skimmer basket (I don’t have pucks so would need to pick them up)

I have muriatic acid and liquid bleach on hand. What else will I need? How much do I add of each? Where do I add it? How long does it stay in before people can swim?

I add bleach and MA in front of my return. I pour in a little and swish it around before adding more. Stabilizer I hang from a sock in the skimmer. I usually will dissolve my baking soda in a large bucket and then dump it in from of a return to mix. Sometimes I do that with the CH too or I put it in a sock and hang in the skimmer. I got the socks from Lowes in the pool section. I rinse and reuse.

I think if you wait 30 minutes after adding the bleach or MA, you can swim. Pool math will tell you how much you add of each. Just plug in your numbers of what you have now and what your target is. http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

I forgot to add you need to wait between adding bleach and MA but I can't remember how long. Maybe 15 min? I'm sure someone else will know.

Marla is correct. (THANKS MARLA :hug:) The first two things to work on is FC and PH. I would work on FC first as it is the algae killer! Use her link to pool math as it does all of the work for you as far as how much.

I use a plastic measure cup that has oz. listed on the side to measure my chemicals. I have TWO cups. Muriatic acid gets it's own cup as it does not play well with chlorine.

Marla you are again correct in that you wait 15 mins bwtween adding chlorine and m.a.

Kimber the pH may "fight" you a bit with is being that high. It might be even higher. Here is your "plan" for getting it down.

-Test pH

-use Pool Math (link above in Marla's post) Put in your test results in the NOW column put 7.5 in the TARGET column. Add what Pool Math tells you to. Make sure the pump is running and pour it slowly in from of a return. I sit the cup in the water and let it flow out. That seems to help keep it from splashing. PLEASE wear some kind of glasses just to be on the safe side. Turn your head to the side and try to not breath in the fumes.

-Let the pump run for about 15 mins. Brushing the pool will also help mix things up good.

-retest the pH-if you made your goal of 7.5 :party: If you did not then repeat the above steps until you do.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.