New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

They are working SO FAST - I seriously came in to post the first few pics and noticed that my pool was BLUE - I had to run back out and take more!!!!! Suz, luckily I have some freeze and bake cookies - these guys are going so fast they will be done before I can get my oven preheated!!!

My PB left before PT arrived - but I kinda feel like he has connections too. Maybe he just does a lot of pools? No clue, but I am a very happy camper! I have some video coming soon too!

- - - Updated - - -

18590412953_8f0f5215f5_c.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

18590368253_1f694db146_c.jpg

Ha! Everytime I open the backdoor and run outside with my phone they all kinda stop and look at me and then smile at each other. I know they have to think that I am a bit "touched" :) This is just so much fun! I feel like a little kid.

I feel a little silly getting so excited over YOUR pool, but you and I have been together on this journey for so long! We began on the other forum, and somehow without even telling each other, we both ended up here on TFP. Plus, we've had to survive the monsoons. Well, maybe my excitement is more a result of me having such a boring, pathetic life. But I don't care. I'm having a ball today!!!! Thanks for letting me come along all these months! This is amazing to watch!

Will you be up all night posting pictures of the fill???? No, you have to sleep and be rested for all the brushing that begins! I hope you've already enlisted friends and family to come help!!!! If not, my son can do a few shifts while you and I supervise and sip on adult beverages!!!! :cheers: Suz.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Karynkjd! So glad you're 'here' for the plaster party!!!! I guess you know just how Wendy feels! Lucky you - you get to watch a while and then go jump in your pool!!!!

Suz.

Suz, are you kidding?!?! I show your glass to just about everyone I know - they are like - is this going in your pool? I kind of look at them weird and say, no, this is in Suz's pool. Obviously they just don't understand!

I don't want to go bother they guys and ask - but I think I remember somewhere it saying they come back and acid wash 24 hours later - and you can't fill till then - but I am not sure, maybe they acid wash today too? I am thinking they can't possibly work on Sundays too - that is just not fair - so they might have to come back on Monday to Acid Wash?

I don't know when I am going to sleep - it just doesn't seem very important right now! Ha!

They did give me an instruction sheet that says brush 3X a day for the first 3 days then 2X a day for 10 days, then once a week. This will be my bonding time with the pool! Hopefully the hubs will be excited and want to help too . . . he just doesn't get as giddy as I do.

- - - Updated - - -

19211271235_b5b96b6e6c_c.jpg

These are kinda cool

Those boots look like something Captain Kirk would wear!!!! Or what's the actor's name who plays Kirk in the prequels? He's even cuter! But no one has Shatner's personality...... Sigh...... now I'm really off topic and dating myself! I'm a little giddy myself!

I am confused about the whole acid wash process. I've been wondering where to post the questions about it, and then I forget to ask. It seems like with some pools, they come back and acid wash the next day, then you fill with water. Other times, the pool is filled and then they do the acid wash. Is one better than the other? Does it depend on the exact finish you're getting? The outside temperatures? The water table? One is a cheaper method than the other?

Maybe we will know more with your job.

Have they done the sparkles yet?
Suz.

Did they let you sprinkle some of the sparkles? You should get to be the sparkle sprinkler!!!! (now I'm getting just down right silly)

It's more and more beautiful with each picture!!!!

Suz.

- - - Updated - - -

Your waterline tile looks DY-NO-MITE next to the Blue Granite! Is your head spinning???!!!!

Wendy!!!! I'm officially jealous - the finish with the sparkles - oh my Goodness! It's like you got the Tiffany pool all
Wrapped up in a pretty teal box. Absolutely love the finish - I don't think I can love it more with the water in it but I'm bound to be wrong.

You will definitely have a hard time with the ?tonight! This is just too exciting ?

Suz, I wish!? We have tons of rain today so we just hanging in catching up on all of you hoping to see you finish up soon and jump in your pools... It's 100% worth every sleepless night

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Exciting! I am so glad you shred this with us. It looks awesome. We talked to our PB today. Monday electrical inspection. Then deck. Then plaster/pebble tech. He said three weeks to finish. That's about the time we go to the beach for vacation. So, we are trying to coordinate.
I love this site! And I really like sharing all the exciting steps of our pool builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK - just talked to one of the guys - they will be back out Monday around noon to acid wash. We are expecting a lot of rain in the next few days - he said that isn't a problem because it is dry now except for about a 5' spot in the center and it would be dry in about an hour. He said not to worry about leaves and pine needles that fall in it - the acid wash will take care of that. Just no walking in it. Monday we will start filling!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!

Man, y'all crack me up! LOL!

Im glad you finally got your plaster Sunbaby. Now the real fun starts!
A tip on brushing the pool. Go get yourself a "wall whale". Its a gadget that hooks onto your pool brush pole.
Makes brushing a LOT easier, by a factor of prolly 10.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.