New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

So has everyone got total confidence in everyone else's driving acumen?
Or do you plan a bollard in front of your tank?

I am putting up a privacy fence - and hoping that no one is stupid enough to run through it. (there is about a foot between the tank and the concrete.)

It won't be you, it won't be your husband.
It will be that person the drops it in Drive when they wanted Reverse.
It is actually a DIY job anyway.
Some bags of quickcrete, a couple of cardboard tubes and some rebar.

I like that idea Kim, but I don't think there is enough room. The fence will go right up against the concrete - the posts will be cemented in - but I don't see how we would have room to put anything between the fence and the tank. If there is room like for the post, it would be right up against the tank which (in my head) if someone hits it - it would still hit the tank. I should have put more thought into placement . . . now the lines are in.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you saying putting large rocks on the concrete driveway - in front of the fence? That might work. At least deter a little more

I've commonly seen tanks for houses and pools buried except for the round cap that flips up. Did they give you that option. That would have been my preference.
For cars you could purchase plastic or recycled rubber parking curbs which attach with spikes or bolts that drop into holes drilled into the concrete. Won't stop someone that wants to hit it but would get most people's attention. We have two of them at the end of our driveway to keep people at the top of the hill.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Burying is an option, but you have to purchase the tank instead of lease it - leasing is only $60 a year (first year was only 1 dollar) Purchasing was $1500 plus the cost to bury it which was in the 1000s, so although that may be an option to some, it was not an option for us. The tank won't be able to be seen once the fence is up - so I am not worried about aesthetics. No one has ever driven off of that side of the slab - it was a 6" drop - but my PB built it up for us. (We drive off of the other side). Once the fence goes across there will be an access gates for vehicles. During big parties (we host a crazy Halloween Party) - we park our vehicles in "sensitive areas" like where our sprinklers are and our lighting and such - so that our party-goers don't have the opportunity to run over the wrong thing, guess I will have to include this.

Honestly, I am not really worried about the propane tank and someone hitting it.

Yikes on the burying cost. I'd like $60/yr rental too.

I'm kinda bummed. Just cancelled our July 4th party. I'm too worried the pool won't be finished or rather ready for a party. I just keep picturing us with water hoses @ midnight trying to fill it the night before. So we are rescheduling it for August 1st. Our 15th anniversary is on 8/4, so we can have an anniversary pool party.

Still bummed.

Bummed but better than having to call everyone the night before :(

Tank-You have a better understanding of what is what there. I cannot see the drop off there. That will slow anyone down for sure AND with the fence there.....................

I like how YOU park in the places you do not want others. That is what we do when we open our house up for neighbor parties. We park to block the well pump and tank. Other than that it is park where you find a spot!

Kim

Your pool and patio is looking great! I'm sure it's less stressful than having a party when things are not ready. It will give you time to get everything just right. [emoji3][emoji474]?[emoji474]?[emoji474]?[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You pool is so beautiful!

Congrats on the anniversary! Our 15th is July 15th so you got married a couple weeks after we did.

Wahoo! I am trying to convince people that this pool is our big 15 yr anniversary gift to ourselves. But in reality I am turning 40 in September and THIS is my mid-life crisis. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys - I am trying to look at it like this - by Aug 1, my water will be beautiful, there won't be so much mud around the sides, the waterfalls should be working great - really everything SHOULD be finished with the pool - heck, I might even have some grass by then!

Yeah, my yard is just gross. I knew they said it would be this way - but I REALLY didn't think it was going to be this bad. Maybe it wouldn't have been this bad without the monsoons? I bet yours will be done soon! I think the rain is going to give us a break - if it does - I think we will all get finished quickly now! I have a suspicion that I will get mostly done next week for my pool - but my nerves just couldn't risk it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.