New pool build and deck Apex NC

Slowly but surely.
gadubybu.jpg

2/3 around on near side and 1/2 around on far. Ran out of screws for board ends today which halted progress.

Still got plenty for the quikdrive.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm planning on wood rails. Composite and even PVC is expensive. Cheapest PVC is like $10 more a foot for railing than wood and I have a lot of feet if railing.

Here's today's progress. Almost done with this floor. Almost being the key word.

4u3yjy8y.jpg

pe5egysy.jpg

The bowrench looks pretty neat. DH had me use a 6ft digging bar to pull back towards the board while he screwed the board down.

I have used them before, but don't own one. When I was doing my (smaller) deck I wanted to buy one but could not find one locally. I would screw down a scrap to the joist and then drive a wedge board in to straighten the deck board I was working on (I did a lot of it working alone, while my wife was out doing other things).

I feel for the OP - working alone can be a bear - nice job.

-dave

Today was problem solving day. Tied a bunch of my joists together at the lip of my wall cap. I will have something to screw to at the cap to keep the boards down. I've done all along as I get to them and it holds me up every time. Today put in 11-12 so I can lay the remainder of my boards without the delay.

avevu6e4.jpg

I also had to problem solve how I was going to box my skimmer so I could get to it easily. Figured it out but took some trial and error.

u2etuge8.jpg

atenavuq.jpg

It was a tiresome day on the deck can you tell by the tools?

9u7aje2a.jpg

I'm close.

a8y6uqym.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.