Gouge

Jul 6, 2019
Jonesborough, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everyone. We have a new 30’ round vinyl siminground. Filling with city water 21000 gallons.

Do I need to take water sample to the pool store or can I do it myself. If I can do it myself what do I need and how do I do it.

Thanks

Check out pool school on this site. Get your own test kit at tftestkits.net. an expert will chime in soon I'm sure. It will help them if you put your pool information in your signature, similar to mine. If you are on a phone, turn sideways to see mine. Good luck and welcome to tfp!

Reactions: IceShadow
You can do it yourself! Here's a very basic road map:
1. New water has no stabilizer (CYA). Use PoolMath to add at least 30 ppm of CYA; maybe even 40 in summer.
2. Add enough liquid chlorine (regular bleach) to increase FC to 3 ppm today. Tomorrow and thereafter balance the FC with your CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels.
3. Test/adjust pH in the mid 7s; when it starts to go over 7.8 it's time to lower with muriatic acid.

You really need a TF-100 test kit. It will make a world of difference. Pool store testing if often flawed.

Check out pool school on this site. Get your own test kit at tftestkits.net. an expert will chime in soon I'm sure. It will help them if you put your pool information in your signature, similar to mine. If you are on a phone, turn sideways to see mine. Good luck and welcome to tfp!
Can figure out to add a signature line.

Go to your Member name, upper right of page. Select Signature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.