New Pool Already Off

Yes & yes. Be sure to elevated your FC to the appropriate level as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. If your salt cell is not on or operating, then use the Liquid Chlorine tab on that chart and increase your FC to the target range to avoid algae. If you have more questions about your equipment, feel free to post back.
I think it may be stuck in spa mode as the blower comes on but the pump doesn’t work in the pool. When I turn pump off in spa mode and move it to pool mode, it says it’s priming, but no noise, and never turns on pump filtration or allows waterfall to turn on. PB also recommended checking for phosphates as they could have eliminated the chlorine to begin with.

I think everything is updated. Can I add the shock even if the pump isn’t running and I’m going to add three pounds as long as it’s okay to add without pump.
Do not add ANY chemicals without the pump being ON.
What is this "shock" you speak of? Since you mention "3 pounds", it must be powdered.
Is it Dichlor, CalHypo, or something else?
If Dichlor it will add stabilizer - which will increase your CYA
If CalHypo it will add calcium - which will increase your CH.

Don't add anything to the pool unless you know exactly what is in it.
Liquid chlorine only adds chlorine - which will increase your FC. It also will add a few ppm of Salt.

Nope, no signature - click the link in my post above to be taken to the signature form. The signature section shows below the body of your post. See my signature directly below.....
The items that show directly under your name and avatar are items in your profile - which is different to your signature.

The PB said it wouldn’t matter if I swished it around with a broom so I added before I saw this. 😟. Two pounds of Clorox Salt Pool Shock-Oxidizer from Lowes.

Incidentally, does the fact the spa blowers come on mean anything? They share the same pump. It seems like it is stuck in spa mode. Should I just overfill the pool so it shares water with spa and run spa blowers for a few hours a day until Monday or Tuesday (when Hayward says tech can call me back?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.