New Pool, 1st Test Results

I just finished building the pool. It is Salt Water as my signature says. I’ve been adding a gallon of bleach every day until my test kit arrived today. Water is new, and very clear with no hint of algae. Bottom is clear and clean but I have a robotic cleaner to thank for that!

So you have control of the pool and can add what you want? If thats what you are saying then if you want to keep that sparkling pool better get some FC (bleach) and CYA (Cyanuric Acid) added ASAP!

Yes, I will get the CYA tomorrow. Pool math says to add 8lbs. Do you guys dissolve first in a bucket or in the pool?

Add the CYA by using what we call the sock method. Get an old sock (no holes) and put the measured amount of CYA you need. Tie the sock closed and either suspend it in front of a return (hang it from your brush pole works with something weighted on the deck) OR if it still allows flow thru the skimmer, place the sock in the skimmer. Every 15/20 minutes give the sock a squeeze to speed up the process. Please DO NOT follow the directions on the container of CYA to just pour it into the skimmer and don't just toss the sock in the pool as the CYA is acidic and can bleach/stain pool finishes.

8lbs of CYA in 4 tube socks currently dancing in front of the return jet. I went to my local bait and switch and picked up 4 2lb bags of it, at an amazingly low price of only $25. He also had liquid pool conditioner for $37 per gallon. I opted not for the gold plated liquid, lol.

I agree that dumping it into the skimmer basket seems like a reckless idea. Though my neighbors may think I'm a bit hillbilly with my tube socks in the pool, haha.

Its even better if you go swimming with the tube socks to massage them and make them dissolve faster!

Though my neighbors may think I'm a bit hillbilly with my tube socks in the pool, haha.
dbtgallery.php

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Way to go lamerem!!! Maybe you will consider joining the club and donating to TFP (see link in my signature below)? We are have a big fundraising drive and we are so close to meeting our goal and every little bit helps. Thanks for considering :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.