Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I’m a new pool owner and pool has been filled up since April 1st using pebble tech. ABC is taking care of the start up. They suppose to come yesterday and didn’t show up and pool looks cloudy and green. Here is my test results using tf test kit.

Ch- 175
Fc - 0
Cc- 0
Ta- 140
Cya - 25
Ph-7.8

Poolwerx recommended to shock the pool with 6~8 pounds.

Not sure whether to do it or wait until Monday for ABC to come and take care of it.

I brought some HTH shock from Costco today.

Please advice!

Show us the label on that HTH shock showing the ingredients.

Your CYA is 30 if the dot disappears between 30 and 20. We round up.

You need 3 ppm of chlorine in the pool. I don't know what level you were planning to "shiock" it to.

We use PoolMath

Reactions: srikantheee84
Any thoughts ?
You added 2.8 ppm FC worth of bleach. Add another of the same amount until you test at or near 3 ppm FC. Do that every day until you get to the point you can follow the SLAM Process based on your plaster start up procedure.

How did you measure 0.75 ppm FC? That is not possible with a proper test kit.

You added 2.8 ppm FC worth of bleach. Add another of the same amount until you test at or near 3 ppm FC. Do that every day until you get to the point you can follow the SLAM Process based on your plaster start up procedure.

How did you measure 0.75 ppm FC? That is not possible with a proper test kit.
Chlorine drop test - one large scoop of R0870 and with three drops of R0871 the color changed to white

@ajw22 Added 3 quarts of 10% liquid chlorine like couple of hours back. Right now FC is reading at 0.75. Any thoughts ?

All that Marty said plus testing a couple of hours later the algae in your pool could have consumed much of the FC.

Test 30 minutes after adding the LC to check your FC that you added. With an algae problem your FC can be consumed rapidly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.