Jenkintown, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
PB’s instructions for my plaster (basic white) redo said 1) no robot for two weeks and 2) keep the water clean

I put the robot in on day 14 cause the pool was filthy. Definitely have some marring on the walls from it. Nothing that terrible but I don’t want more. Another 5 days and the pool is filthy again (spring....ugh). Safe to run the robot without more marks? Ive seen some folks on this forum say to go 30 days no robot.

Whats the bigger risk? Robot tread marks or permanent stains from all the debris in the pool?

I believe they/NPC suggest a manual sweep with no wheels - like a sweep used for vinyl pools (has brushes and no wheels (some connect to the pool vac hose to the skimmer)). I think you can get one for under $30. Some robotics will bounce or thrash on the walls/corner surfaces which can do harm.
CD

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.