New Pentair Intellicenter, help with Alexa

pecck1

Sep 12, 2015
The Woodlands/TX
Hi all, we just had a Pentair Intellicenter installed with the Wi-Fi adapter. Pentair seems to have so many apps and devices that I'm getting super confused on what works with what and what I need if anything.

My end game is having the ability to ask Alexa to turn on my waterfall, turn the temp to X, or turn on pool lights or only the jacuzzi light. Am I crazy, is this even a possibility?

Currently, I am able to connect via the Pentair Home app and IntellicEnter2 app, but both only work when I'm on my home network.

Thank you for any suggestions or advice you have to share.

I think Alexa has been unavailable ever since Pentair made the change to IntelliCenter2 app.

Now they are in the process of moving everyone to the Pentair Home app.

Maybe once Pentair settles things down with their back end cloud they will get Alexa working. Don't hold your breath.

I've been using the Intellicenter2 app for 2 years and it's terrible, as many others have noted. So I wanted to migrate to the Pentair Home app, thinking maybe it would be better. HOWEVER, you can't migrate unless you have received an email "invitation". Customer Service (CS) says they can't provide one and the instructions say that it will "pop-up" when I open the Intellicenter2 app -- Nope. Next CS says everyone must migrate by 1/1/2024. HAH! Seems like Pentair should figure how to help us migrate if it's going away, no record of invitation and no pop-up working....

PENTAIR IS CLUELESS ABOUT MOBILE TECHNOLOGY. and to think that they are moving us to a new app without all functionality (i.e., Apple Watch functionality) of the old app. I guess they just want to get the revenue in the Home Automation game without being any good at their own pool space.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.