New Pebble - White spot (before filling)

JMPool99

Bronze Supporter
Jul 31, 2021
So Cal
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Before filling we noticed 3-4 white spots int he pebble. We thought they were rock, but as it turns out looks like someone spikes possibly on their way out. One spot is bigger (see photo) about size of a fingernail. The spots are actually indentations or little pits. The plaster guy who did it is one of the top guys for Stonescapes in our area. He said it will not impact integrity and said the only way to fix is to drain the pool. He said it should not grow and would warranty if any issues arise.

So... is it alright or is it worth making a big fuss and draining the whole pool?

Attachments

• Plaster no pebble.png
    Plaster no pebble.png
    755.9 KB · Views: 31
Nope.

You are the only one who will ever notice it while everyone is enjoying your pool.

Just move on and hope that is the only problem with your build.

Reactions: JMPool99
Well that explains the two white spots in my pool. They aren’t noticeable unless you are specifically looking for it.

No plaster job is 100% defect free if you look close enough.

Good to know - appreciate the responses. Everyone has told me no integrity issues with them and it's just the bare plaster I'm seeing. So, in all good news that nothing to be concerned about!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.