New Pebble Surface & Heating

golfski

Dec 13, 2020
Palm Spring
Hey All,

I recently had my pool resurfaced with NPT MiniPebble with Glass. It has been two weeks and I have been diligently brushing twice a day and there is definitely no more plaster dust. I haven't seen any in at least a week but only recently I decided that I would turn on the heater for the pool to raise it from ~70 to 80 degrees, give or take a few. Based on everything I read online and this forum that seems to be just fine.

I am curious on the spa heating though. I like to end my night with a trip to the spa @ 102. Is it OK to fire up the heater for the spa to get up to that temperature? Through my reading I have seen many discussion of the heater being the reason you don't want to heat too soon, as to damage it with plaster dust. But I have only seen a few comments about the temperature change - but I did see a few discussions on the cure-rate becoming impacted with rapid temperature changes. If I were to heat the spa, it would go from about 80 to 102 in about 30-40 minutes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated - I don't want to ruin my new surface but I do want to get back to my spa :)

Hey All,

I recently had my pool resurfaced with NPT MiniPebble with Glass. It has been two weeks and I have been diligently brushing twice a day and there is definitely no more plaster dust. I haven't seen any in at least a week but only recently I decided that I would turn on the heater for the pool to raise it from ~70 to 80 degrees, give or take a few. Based on everything I read online and this forum that seems to be just fine.

I am curious on the spa heating though. I like to end my night with a trip to the spa @ 102. Is it OK to fire up the heater for the spa to get up to that temperature? Through my reading I have seen many discussion of the heater being the reason you don't want to heat too soon, as to damage it with plaster dust. But I have only seen a few comments about the temperature change - but I did see a few discussions on the cure-rate becoming impacted with rapid temperature changes. If I were to heat the spa, it would go from about 80 to 102 in about 30-40 minutes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated - I don't want to ruin my new surface but I do want to get back to my spa :)
What instructions did the PB leave with you or did you get care instructions from the mfg. of your plaster? I was told to wait 30 days before the heater could be turned on. You do not want to void your warranty so best to read those instructions from the PB or plaster Mfg.

What instructions did the PB leave with you or did you get care instructions from the mfg. of your plaster? I was told to wait 30 days before the heater could be turned on. You do not want to void your warranty so best to read those instructions from the PB or plaster Mfg.
I didn’t really get any instructions, nor would I probably trust them. I took recommendation from my pool guy on a subcontractor, they did great and were quick. Everything I read on manufacturer said to wait 2 weeks or until plaster dust is gone to use heater. I’m only concerned with a few comments I read about rapid temp change during curing orocess

Everything I read on manufacturer said to wait 2 weeks or until plaster dust is gone to use heater.
I would follow the mfg. guidelines and clean your filter before you turn on your heater. That way you remove all the plaster dust captured by the filter.

I would follow the mfg. guidelines and clean your filter before you turn on your heater. That way you remove all the plaster dust captured by the filter.
Thanks HermanTX, that is exactly what I did before I turned on the heater, cleaned out the filter and then turned the pool heater on. The mfg guidelines don't mention anything other than waiting to turn on the heater after the plaster dust is gone. I am only concerned with the rapid temp change or high temp of a Spa and the curing of the surface.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.