New owner of a used 580 gal Master spa

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Congrats on the new tub. When you get a chance, be sure to update your signature with all the details. See my sig as an example. We have lots of folks here who can help you with just about any question. Please visit and bookmark our Pool Care Basics and FC/CYA Levels pages for great info.

Below is our spa/hot tub sticky which should give you some good info. Enjoy the forum. :swim:

Reactions: Mdragger88
Welcome to TFP 🤗
Now, that’s a spa!
Be sure to purge your new to you jewel so you can start fresh (not with someone else’s biofilms 🤢)
Ahhsome is the gold standard of purge products & is available on Amazon, tftestkits.net, & other online retailers so be sure to pick some up when getting yourself a recommended test kit
Test Kits Compared
So you can start out on the right foot & follow the guide @Texas Splash posted.
*Always follow the
FC/CYA Levels even in the presence of add ons like ecopur & ozone.

Welcome to TFP 🤗
Now, that’s a spa!
Be sure to purge your new to you jewel so you can start fresh (not with someone else’s biofilms 🤢)
Ahhsome is the gold standard of purge products & is available on Amazon, tftestkits.net, & other online retailers so be sure to pick some up when getting yourself a recommended test kit
Test Kits Compared
So you can start out on the right foot & follow the guide @Texas Splash posted.
*Always follow the
FC/CYA Levels even in the presence of add ons like ecopur & ozone.
I had plenty of time to prepare and read up. Before my first fill. Waiting on the slab. Glad I did. Because I read about Ahhsome. And I did do a fill,flush with Ahhsome, drain ,clean and refill.