New owner of a older pool, tried Pool Store, now going TFPC

07/11-5pm
Slam Target: 20ppm
FC: 22ppm
CC:0

Action taken: nothing right now, will test again in an hour to see if it has dropped some more

- - - Updated - - -

The speedstir is definitely the cats meow. My wife said I was crazy getting it but once she saw it in action she agreed with me that it was awesome. It is really nice during a SLAM when you are testing several times a day and having to add so many drops.
This is a great thread. You are going to have sparklyicious water in no time and you will grow to enjoy the power that knowledge is. Nothing like knowing you can take care of your pool!!

I can see how it would come in handy when you're adding 40-50 drops each time lol

07/11-6pm
FC: 23ppm

So either FC went up or it was 23 last time as well. I'm chalking it up to "new guy with fancy test kit" and giving myself +/- 1-2 ppm.

I will keep testing this evening to see if I notice any changes then when it gets dark I will do the first OCLT test.

Quick question, can I put my solar blanket on while doing the Slam? I've been running the pump 24/7 for a week now and haven't put the cover on, let's just say this week will be EXPENSIVE!!! But at least I'm saving $$ by not going to the Pool Store anymore.

07/11-8pm
FC: 20ppm
CC:0.5

So looks like it went down a couple ppm's, still at Slam target so nothing added, CC now at 0.5 from 0 does that happen because of Algae?

I'll take another sample when it's dark ~11pm as my OCLT initial sample. I assume if it's not at SLAM level at 11pm I add Chlorine to get it there and re-test 30min after adding to confirm right?

07/12-6Am
FC: 15.5ppm
CC:1

Well, woke up early to test before the sun rose......forgot to turn my house alarm off so it went off waking up my wife, oops!!

Looks like I still have work to do, not surprising since I probably didn't have the pool up to actual SLAM levels while I was blind slamming over the past week, I tested 3 times this morning just to be sure lol I'm going back to sleep for a bit, will re-test in an hour or so then add bleach, I have the Solar Blanket on and I don't think it's good to add chemicals unless it's off and It's a lot easier to remove the blanket with my wife helping.

Not too bad of a drop overnight though considering what I've seen on here so will keep my levels up to 20ppm and enjoy the nice day coming up :) Since it's ok to swim up to SLAM levels I will double check CYA when the sun is out as well to make sure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
07/12-11am
FC: 22.5ppm
CC:0.5

Good thing I didn't put the 3.5L in, at this point I'm assuming my pool volume is incorrect, trying to play with Pool Math to figure it out, also googled a 18x34 IG Humpback Kidney with 3' shallow end and 8' deep end, looks like roughly 17,500Gal from what I can tell.

07/12-2:15pm
FC: 20ppm

I adjusted the pool volume from 22.9k Gal to 17.5k Gal and I added that amount to get from 17ppm->20ppm and it was pretty much bang on so I assume I'm a bit closer to real pool volume now. Will enjoy the afternoon in the pool, even if it's only 79 Deg right now lol

Keep up the good work :goodjob:

It is sure nice to see exactly what you are doing so we see your actions ... unlike other thread where they come back in a few days and say nothing is happening and we have to try to figure out what they have been doing for 3 days.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.