New Owner - High Combined Chlorine and TA - Need Help Please

CC is an indicator. Sometimes it means a SLAM if coincides with cloudy water or other variables. It is best if an elevated CC is seen to raise your FC to about 20% of CYA for a day or two and see if it resolves.

Hi, so far all numbers still good. Today FC at 10, CC 0, Ph 7.6. There does seem to be noticeable smell of chlorine though. Is that normal? SWG running at 90% at night.

Also, when kids jump in bubbles/foam forms on surface than dissolves. See pic. Is this normal?

Attachments

• B3666822-AC69-4BE1-AA48-8080B9549407.jpg
    B3666822-AC69-4BE1-AA48-8080B9549407.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 44
With your cover the smell of CC's will be more prevalent when you remove it. It should burn off with some sun on the pool.

Not sure about the bubbles. Could be residue on the swimsuits from them being laundered or ??? Do not see how it is harmful.

Hi there. Quick update. All numbers still good and water looks great. Waiting for robot to arrive tomorrow!
FC is consistently at 10-11 and CC zero. If my target FC is 6, should I shut off my SWCG until FC comes down or leave as is? Thx.

You can let your FC drop some if you like.

I suggested the higher FC amount since you could never pass the OCLT. So be aware of any issues when you drop your FC.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good morning. If my Ph is looking closer to 8, should I lower or wait a bit? do I use R-005 drops and table in test kit or just pool math?
Either/or on both. Me? I'd lower pH. 7.4, 7.5 is closer to human tears. Less eye irritation that way. Acid demand test is great if you're off the scale. Otherwise, poolmath will do it with less cipherin' on your part.

R0004 is the titrating agent for the Taylor pH kit included in the K2006 kit you have. I do not believe it is for chlorine neutralization.

When FC is above 10 there is a chance the pH is effected, normally on the high side. If you lowered pH to 7.6 you should be OK.

The key to the pH test when the FC is at 10 or just above is to read the test quickly. It normally gets darker with time.

Good morning. Took full set of measurements today:
FC 10, pH 7.8, TA 160
CYA 50
CH 140
Salt 3400

FC has been quite consistent at 10-12 with SWCG at 40%. TA has been consistent too. Cover is on and the pool is usually open 1-2 hours 3-5 times/week.
Do I need to raise CYA?
Should I lower pH?
Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.