New Owner - High Combined Chlorine and TA - Need Help Please

No on either. With your cover, the lower CYA is fine. The pH is fine in the 7's. When it gets to 8, lower it to 7.5 or so.

Hi. Was wondering how often you find yourself adding 10 min (with hose) of water to pool? Even though we have an auto cover, seems like I’m adding once per week.

Also, if I don’t use the pool for 2-3 days, cover is on, and SWCG is running. At night, wouldn’t that increase the FC or not necessarily?

There is some evaporation. You have less that I get. But some is not unusual in your climate.

You can lower your SWCG setting as you see your FC increase over the level you want. It is true with it covered there should be minimal FC loss. Are you testing your FC every other day or so?

Hard for me to believe that your FC is always at 10. You are using the FAS-DPD test right?

Does not matter when the SWCG runs. It adds chlorine to the pool based on %setting and run time. It will effect your FC no matter when it runs.

Sorry, accidentally posted twice. FC has fluctuated a bit 10-12 but not much. Yes, using Taylor kit w GAS-DPD and Speedstir.
So my question is if FC is at 10, but we don’t use the pool every day and cover is on, should I reduce the SWCG?

Good morning. Probably a silly question but worth asking. We’re finally getting some rain in SoCal. We have auto cover. If my pool water level is a bit low, any harm in letting it rain a bit directly into pool? Shame to let all that water waste. Probably changes PH level. What do you think?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Less than tap water will. Your tap water is probably a bit basic (above 7). The rain water will be neutral to maybe slightly acidic.

- - - Updated - - -

If the rain is hard and over a long time, it can raise your pH in the pool due to aeration. But that is not likely with storms in your area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.