HBFarrells

Aug 14, 2022
SoCal
Hi TFP! New member and first time posting. I have decided to go the Owner Build (OB) route with our pool. We have an existing pool with no heater and no spa that needs to be re-plastered. Since we are re-plastering it, we have decided to add on a spa. No, I do not want a free standing above ground spa (been there/done that)...so we are just going to add a small spa off the end of the pool and have a spill over into the pool. I am just starting out and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a pool planner/designer to get started. I've looked into online software but there are so many to choose. I have followed several of the popular owner build threads on here but they are old and over 12 years old. I have also reached out to one "pool consultant" but he is so slow to get back to me, that I've decided to do this on my own.

1) Pool planner/designer?
2) Heat Pump pool heater recommendations? We have solar panels already
3) Wet Edge over Pebble Tec? Leaning towards Wet Edge

If anyone has a sub list for the OC/LA/IE areas, please let me know.

Thank you!

Are you planning on having more work done other than the spa addition and re plastering of the pool?
If not, do the drawing yourself and save over $2,000.00 by not hiring a landscape architect.
If your still in need of one I have a few numbers.
Thanks for the reply.....No, that's pretty much all we are doing...plus new concrete since I assume they will have to break up the concrete to add the spa. I am not very artistic to draw it myself LOL. Although I just downloaded the free trial of pool studio to check it out. I saw in another post that someone found a designer/planner for $800 from Las Vegas but now I can't find that post again....ugh!

You can go to Pool Engineering in Anaheim and purchase the proper blue print paper for swimming pools and do the drawing your self, are you planning on pulling a permit? You really can do this on your own.
I contacted Pool Eng and they told me they don't do the planning just the structural engineering with plans you already have?? I was confused because I literally thought that was the same thing. They sent me 4 contacts for pool plans. Pool Studio is not user friendly and it makes my head hurt. I'm am still deciding on if we want to pull a permit but I'm leaning towards no Yes, it's a risk and I'm sure people will chime in if we don't pull a permit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.