New Owner Build in FL near Orlando

The roughness is real. It will be even worse on elbows and knees :(

That is a very pretty color you picked!

LOVE the decking color and pattern. Very classic!

I have no input on the plumbing though as so long as the water moves through it to the pool it is all good to me! LOL

Kim:kim:

Reactions: bbqjosh
Love the progress you've made and I like the color and the pavers. We were looking at "Tremron Glacier" pavers for ours with a tumbled marble coping.

Plumbing inspection passed after a one day delay. The inspector failed it because the permit was behind the orange fence and he said he couldn't get to it. :unsure: I am now 2 for 2 on failed inspections because of ridiculous inspectors. I will try to break the streak on the next one...

Plumber came back and pulled the light, installed the salt water generator, grounded the shell, back filled and set the equipment. Going to try and get tile, footer and electrician out this week.
1592325516018.png

Last edited:
Today we got the electrical work done. Two guys came out and it took them about 6 hours. They did great work and made it look easy. Glad I didn't try to wire this up myself as it would have taken me days to accomplish.

All the equipment is up and running and the kids were excited about the pool light turning on.
pool_electrical_1.jpgpool_electrical_2.jpg

Today we broke a record and passed an inspection the first time. Electrical under deck complete. Tile guys showed up today a day early due to rainy weather. They leveled the top of the shell and installed the skimmer. Classic Floridian wearing sandals and a bathing suit, got into that swampy water and did his job. He will be back Tuesday to do the tile after he finishes the other pool he is working on.
skimmer1.jpgleveling.jpgskimmer2.jpg

Congrats on passing the inspection. Fingers crossed we start our dig soon just need to get the paperwork straightened out to ensure the quotes include everything.

WHAT is that I see??? Your pool passed an inspection on the 1st try??? WOW! you finally got a decent inspector!

LOL on the flips and suit to work in.............he knows what he is facing so does what needs to be done! Smart!

Looking good! Just a couple items of concern. They should remove the SWG and install a piece of pipe until the plaster cures (30 days). Pentair makes a direct replacement pipe with unions that fits in the place of the SWG. The plaster dust and debris from first 30 days can foul up the SWG plates. Also, you should not turn on the lights unless they are submerged in water. Short duration (less than 30 secs) is typically okay. This may or may not be the case with the new LED lights, but better to be safe.

Looking good! Just a couple items of concern. They should remove the SWG and install a piece of pipe until the plaster cures (30 days). Pentair makes a direct replacement pipe with unions that fits in the place of the SWG. The plaster dust and debris from first 30 days can foul up the SWG plates. Also, you should not turn on the lights unless they are submerged in water. Short duration (less than 30 secs) is typically okay. This may or may not be the case with the new LED lights, but better to be safe.
Thank you. I will look into the dummy SWG. The light was only on for a few seconds when the electrician was showing me that it worked, so no worries. Do you know if I can make a dummy SWG from the hardware store or do I need to buy one that is premade?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Today we got the coping delivered. We are doing tumbled travertine in "snow white". My wife inspected the crate and loves it. The guy that delivered the coping said he had to run up to HD to get cement. He showed back up with 2 pallets of cement and I thought that was a little much so I called the company and asked them why they brought so much out and he said they were going to pour the footer for the screen enclosure tomorrow. I said they couldn't do that until we get the city inspection of the formwork with the rebar and the termite treatment. I confirmed with my enclosure company that an inspection is needed. Looks like we avoided a disaster there. That would have been an expensive mistake. Let's see how things shake out tomorrow.
coping.jpg

I am not sure about the dummy cell. Seems to me if you have unions on either side of the cell you can make a straight pipe with unions on it and just take the whole cell out BUT I do not have one so am not sure if this will work.

LOVE the tile!! Good call on him waiting on the step and bench tile!

Close call on the work! Smart and fast thinking saved MUCH time and money!

LOVE the coping stone! That is going to look awesome!

Thank you. I will look into the dummy SWG. The light was only on for a few seconds when the electrician was showing me that it worked, so no worries. Do you know if I can make a dummy SWG from the hardware store or do I need to buy one that is premade?
You can make one, but you need the Pentair unions (or maybe there is a standard union). They cost about $25 for the set. The bypass pipe with unions is $50. All on Amazon.

Reactions: kimkats
Yesterday we had the coping installed. It came out great although I got worried when I saw the guy break two pieces in a row while hammering it with a rubber mallet. I'm glad they ordered extra for reasons like that. They also got the footer forms and rebar in place. Next up is the termite guy and then an inspection.
1593205884002.png
1593205966493.png

We also met with an interior finish company this week to discuss options. We went into the meeting thinking we would go with quartz plaster, but it was really rough like sand paper. I am not sure if that is normal or just his sample so he can upsell the pebble. He brought some samples of the wet edge signature series and their levels are indicated on the board. The company takes care of all the pipe heads, plaster, umbrella inserts, equipment startup, and chemical startup. They like to make sure the chemicals are good before they leave and then I can adjust over the next days. They also provide all the salt for when I am ready for the SWG startup. Sounds like a complete deal. He recommended the Cadet Blue for my pool. He said we will have lots of different blues with that at different elevations in my pool. The Cadet Blue is a level 2 which is a $300 price difference over the level 1 pebbles. Seems reasonable for the upgrade.
View attachment 146457
View attachment 146458
What finish did you select? I was thinking of using quartz plaster as it is supposed to be a smoother finish. We don’t like the pebble finishes as it tears my kids feet up.

What finish did you select? I was thinking of using quartz plaster as it is supposed to be a smoother finish. We don’t like the pebble finishes as it tears my kids feet up.

There are multiple types of pebble. The standard pebble finish runs a course larger pebble. There is a step up that run a smaller pebble and then some companies do a grinding to make it smooth.

Reactions: usfbull
Today we got the Termite treatment for the deck. Inspection scheduled for tomorrow for the footer. Crossing fingers for the inspection. Let's keep the passing streak going.

Our test kit arrived... it brought up a question in my mind. When you finish the tests, what do you do with the chemical water? Do you toss it on the grass, back in the pool, down the drain, or some other way to dispose of the test materials?
test_kit.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.