New Northeastern Pa Build

Hey guys. I missed these posts. I got no email.

Grill is working. Has to come back out for granite. So I didn’t use it yet. :(

I am working like a mad man here. I’m in paint mode. I hate to paint. I hate it!

My wife has the whip out. She is like so when are you painting the beams? When are you sanding the pavers. Geez woman it’s april still! Plenty of time. Lol

I actually might have a working toilet when I get home! Guarantee my son goes out and uses it if he finds out. Lol

Gorilla. I had a working flashlight sticking out of my mouth and I still forgot! When my mind shifts it’s over. If I need to remember to do something I have to literally sit there do nothing else and wait. Lol

So tonight’s plan is paintftje underground sections of the gas line. We used metal cause we can around here cause my plumber had it around so it was free. The stuff I have to paint it with is horrible to use. It’s runnerized mastic. Took me 2 days to get it caise it’s a hasmad material and no one would ship it. The leftover my plumber had from the ya company was like 20 years old so it was bad. Go figure.

I got to sand my beams and finish sealing the joints.

Hopefully have time to clean up and touch up bathroom walls and trim if I have any marks from the install.

Well it’s official. I have an outhouse. Lol

I’ll get some pics in a day or 2. I didn’t get done till dark last night.

Got all done that I wanted. I’m hoping tonight to have all my beams sanded, taped off, and cleaned so I can paint tomorrow or the weekend.

Next week my plan is to be almost painted and hopefully get my pavers sanded.

Then just granite. Going Saturday to pick it out.

I told my plumber he better not have used it before me!

When I built my house the minute you were able to walk on my basement floor after they poured it he installed a toilet in he basement to use. I didn’t even have temp steps yet. He took it down a ladder. U used to have to go down a ladder to use it. But we had a toilet. Lol

We go pick out our slab tomorrow. I want leathered granite. My wife doesn’t remember the feel of our friends when we were there so she seems skeptical. Im hoping she likes it cause it’s the only thing I really want. I think that type of finish would be cool with a brick kitchen and everything else we got going on.

I’m trying to paint the beams. I’m all sanded and cleaned and ready to go but it won’t stop raining. Suppose to rain next 4 days.

My new keypad came for my audio zones outside. I want to get that installed. I also want to get all my new zwave switches programmed in , but again rain rain rain. They are saying snow showers Sunday!

I can’t even get out fishing!

Jim

Well no leathered granite. We found something we liked better color wise but also the slabs were 13 feet so no seam for the peninsula which will be nicer. Color is good. Lots of color in it. Didn't take a picture. It was cold. Starting to snow. Yes snow!

Was able to get my first coat on the beams once it got nice out today and then met the wife to spend more money. She got bar stools and some furniture for the fireplace area.

So all in all still moving. They template this week and he told me he is installing the following week cause he has a little lull to get me done. Was impressed with that.

I really want to get all the painting done by end of the week so we can sand the pavers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can't wait to see what you picked out. Color? What kind of colors? Color IS good!

You are so close to be done with all of this! It will be kind of weird when you put the last shovel full of sand down and last paint brush on! Oh wait!!!!!! You still have the theater room to finish..........there I feel better now! You are stuck with keeping us up dated with projects!

Kim:kim:

Oh I got another year left in me. Landscaping and another lighting and audio zone. The stuff I really know well.

I don’t have a printing press in my basement so it will have to wait. I already feel like I went 10 rounds wothcthe monopoly man and lost. Haha

Colors. I would say it’s a light tan somewhat white base with actually specs of the brick colors and pavers colors all over it. Not a ton of movement but enough. Not too veiny. You know what I mean? We did see this crazy black base with gold and brown veins in it. Would have been awesome but it was like almost 12 grand for what we needed. Haha I could have done the kitchen a few times over. Plus he ever said it’s for outside I didn’t want us to waste our money. He said if it was for our kitchen or inside. I wish they had that color when I did my bar 2 years ago it would have been perfect with the super dark brown Dave and myself did.

Templates for counter tomorrow!

I finished the beams tonight! All cleaned up. Spent some time touching up ceiling and cleaning it.

All I got left are doors and jams but not till we sand the pavers when it warms up more.

I got sick of being on the ladder so I mounted my keypad. So nice not having to use my phone now.

I’ll take some progress pics tomorrow. It got dark. I know I haven’t posted any ceiling pics yet.

Got music but no tv yet. :(

76E69BCD-C7B3-4EDE-854B-DF245E007F97.jpegCBC64B2F-D2F2-45FA-BD66-505204D02C5D.jpeg

To me music is more important than the TV as you can listen while you work and not be tempted to go watch the TV. We have a simple stereo set up in the pool house with the speakers at the windows that we turn on when we are in the yard working. LOVE IT!

How will you get the stone to where they will cut it? Who is going to cut it? HOW do they cut it?

Kim:kim:

I’m always listening to music. It’s on from when I walk in the door till I go to bed.

Granite Kim. Typical granite kitchen tops. They will come do the templates then take them back to the shop and fabricate the slabs there and then just install them.

My bad. Sorry. Yes they do everything. The places around us usually have pretty large selection the popular colors but if you want something different they usually can send you to the place where it gets imported in from where they buy those are two common areas usually by railyard in New Jersey or Philadelphia for us. The big distributor in Philadelphia is gigantic we went there we picked out our bar granite. I’ll try to snap a pic of 2 when they come and u can see. The templates a only wood shims all glued together to form an outline of whattthey need to cut.

Last edited:
VERY limit selection around here. I see the stone displayed by the side of the road but that is about all they have and it is ugly. NOTHING like what I have seen on here from others!
It’s expensive to have a lot of stock so some places rather you drive to the yard where it comes in and then they tag and the company buys it. When we went for our bar there were literally 100’s of colors to pick from. Same with our house we went to jersey that time. Same installer. That place was nuts too. This time he had what we wanted on the yard since it’s just for outside and a few months out of the year. I’m guessing that’s why he said 1 week only.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.