New Northeastern Pa Build

The dog was trained from day 1 11 years ago To go on the gravel in that area. We open the door and he runs out to that area and then we let him back in. Nice and easy no taking the dog out.

no way I will get a call. Lol. He is this little old Italian. A true artist. He carves gargoyles and crazy stuff out of limestone. It’s nuts. He is so funny. Don’t call and any questions just order pay and leave. Lol. I like him a lot though. Just scared of him. Lol

im the runner. He hits me with what he needs and I go when on the road orcwe send my dad.

Stonework look great! Lol at your supplier [emoji23]

thanks! Don’t mess with Julio. Joe goes the other day call Julio. Tell him we need a mantle piece. I said no way I’m calling him. He will flip! Joe called. Took him 20 mins to get him to do it forcthst day. We still couldn’t get over he did it forcthst day. I went to pick it up. And he goes. Tell joe he is lucky I have known him since he was 25. Lol. So this man has to be almost 100 by now.

thanks! Don’t mess with Julio. Joe goes the other day call Julio. Tell him we need a mantle piece. I said no way I’m calling him. He will flip! Joe called. Took him 20 mins to get him to do it forcthst day. We still couldn’t get over he did it forcthst day. I went to pick it up. And he goes. Tell joe he is lucky I have known him since he was 25. Lol. So this man has to be almost 100 by now.

So glad Joe called him and you got your mantle! I would have been avoiding that conversation too!

Hey Jim, your pictures on page 55 are great! It's really the first time I've had a good perspective of the layout - fabulous house and outdoor area. Now give us an overhead shot from upstairs somewhere. I want to see your 'compound' all at once! Definitely include the pool house and everything!

Btw.... I want your house, pool house, and pool! :laughblue:

:hug: Suz

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Actually. . . Suz sees progress pics also. I send off quick pics on my phone as I’m doing stuff for input. cliff and suz r my bounce off people when I need rigjtcthen and there help. Lol

But. . . They haven’t seen any full pics of the pool house cause it’s a mess.

I don’t want to throw out messy pics on the met. Lol. The fireplace has brick dust all over it along with piles of sand covering the limes stone so as mud drops it falls on the land vs limestone. It’s a train wreck right now. Plus he scaffolding is blocking it all. We should be out of the pool housexand ontocthe roof by weekend so I will have pics once I get it somewhat cleaned up.

We r going to have to wash all the brick cause it was just so hot and wet this summer there is a lot of messy areas.

Steps r suppose to be started this week too. They r building them and then I have to do all the cuts for the top riser cause my hands r smaller to fit in those brick and cuts. Hard to explain.

Once the brick rock is done I’m cleaning up the side of the yard for next year and we r wrapping the beams and get soffits and gutters in and underground. Building the kitchen with my buddy and done for winter. Oh and fence.

Next uear is pavers and ceiling and finish up bathroom. And done minus landscaping but that’s all me and I don’t have a vision yet. I’m ripping out a large area in my front yard to do it like I want to in back and see if I like it.

suz you know what I can’t get an Ariel. I don’t have a window that gives a view. The 3 in the back are blocked by the patio roof line. The 2 out our bath is blocked by hatcroof too and pool house roof now.

I need my my buddy to throw up his drone.

Yes drone would be awesome...I want one but feel I would use it a half dozen times and it would sit in the garage.

Ok update. Ya no pics.

Fireplace is 100 percent done and very rough cleaned. Firebox floor is on hold till we do pavers so joe and match our elevation so they flow right into each other. He doesn’t want to mud them in and be too high or too low.

Chimney scafoling is going to be built tomorrow. That will be a whole day job to make sure they r safe and my pitch is pretty big. No idea how high we r going yet. We aren’t going way up past the peak of the roof cause it’s not for heating a house. Just for fires now and then. It would have to be so high it would end up making my house look stupid next to it so we are thinking 6-8 feet high. We will see.

Steps r all built and ready for limestone. It’s cut. Just needs to be rockfaced. Julio said Thursday or Friday. No big deal.

I squared up the kitchen layout with Lou tonight. Looks good. Ya a bit tight cause I’m trying to smash a lot of stuff in a small area. But it will work. My buddy is building my access doors and cabinets I need this week. I went down the shop and we did the drawings for them Saturday. But I got to go down tomorrow again and see if we can make the one not as deep to pick up a few inches for a walkway increase. I don’t think so cause the garbage pull out I’m usIng is the really large one and it needs 24 inch depth. We will see.

So im hoping to have joe out of my yard in like 2.5 weeks. And hopefully Louis and myself can knock the kitchen out in a few weeks at night so we can get the side cleaned up and get my gutters, backwash line, and drains under for the winter.

Then jim can finish up the soffits and gutters and wrap some beams and get my copper flashing done.

Then im out for he winter.

Jim

He's just a tease...I'm gonna go hang out in an algae thread and answer the same questions that get asked everyday - at least they post pictures :gone:

lol that might be one of the funniest things I have read in awhile.

- - - Updated - - -

I know I have been bad with pictures I just haven’t been taking my camera outside with me even my cell phone because there is just concrete mud and sand everywhere. Once we all get the lime stone on the steps this week I will post pictures of everything regardless of how dirty the break is and how everything else looks. It’s just the brickwork made more of a mess than when we did the pool I think I don’t remember when we did my house it being this bad I don’t know if it’s because were contained in such a small area I remember when we did the house the backyard was our set up area so maybe because it was away from the house it didn’t look as bad but now that we’re working right alongside the house everything looks 10 times worse

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.