New Northeastern Pa Build

I love your Mickeys and want some! Where did you get them and would you mind telling me how much they cost? Also, how long did they take?

Jim - Finally got a chance to read through your entire build thread over the past few days. Awesome! Really gave me a feel for what I will go through during the start up process. I'm also planning to do a bit of phase 2/3 items like you've done - outdoor kitchen, pavillion (instead of pool house), paved area under deck, etc. Love it.

they came from a place in florida. it has to go through ur dealer. i'll PM you the name of the place when I find my paperwork. i dealt with them direct through my builder cause i did the drawing for it so he wanted me to do the talking so it didn't get messed up. i'll ask him about pricing. bill went to him. they actually had my tile at their shop so we didn't even need to send them anything. i'll find it tomorrow for u. i know for 11-15 pieces they were a couple hundred dollars.

- - - Updated - - -

Jim - Finally got a chance to read through your entire build thread over the past few days. Awesome! Really gave me a feel for what I will go through during the start up process. I'm also planning to do a bit of phase 2/3 items like you've done - outdoor kitchen, pavillion (instead of pool house), paved area under deck, etc. Love it.

thanks a lot. i appreciate it. it's been a long process and i still have next year. right now i'm on the fall crunch. i am feeling pretty overwhelmed right now cause i got people coming at me in every direction it seems.

i'm happy so far. the pool came out great. everything else is coming together.

i appreciate the compliment very much!

jim

they came from a place in florida. it has to go through ur dealer. i'll PM you the name of the place when I find my paperwork. i dealt with them direct through my builder cause i did the drawing for it so he wanted me to do the talking so it didn't get messed up. i'll ask him about pricing. bill went to him. they actually had my tile at their shop so we didn't even need to send them anything. i'll find it tomorrow for u. i know for 11-15 pieces they were a couple hundred dollars.

jim
Thanks! We are going to do OB so I wonder how that would work then.

Thanks! We are going to do OB so I wonder how that would work then.

sorry I didn’t get a chance to look today for that info. Tomorrow I will. I know u could only have work done with them if u were a dealer. I don’t know how that would work. I know m8 e was done and then came into the distribution house where my tile came from cause I went down to pick them up the one Saturday.

so. . .

what's going on.

1. Biggest issue is my easytouch panel blew up. i guess the board is shot. the new part is coming today and i'm just waiting on the tech. i guess there is only 1 tech in my area and he is 80 miles away to boot. so for the past week i have been running my pump in manual and my cell in manual.

i wantto stress to new pool owners out there. i have been ony 1 week without my automation and it stinks. it is 100% worth the money. its just so much easier to control the pool and maintain it. i have very rude control over my cell right now. i can't fine tune it so it's over producing right now daily cause i need to be below 20% whcih i cant get to cause it's in increments with using the buttons. i run my pump 24/7 so i got to make sure i go out and change it to a higher speed to skim for a few hours at night but more impt remember to go back out a few hours later so i don't run it in super high mode all night.

so. . . spend the money and automate.

Jim thanks so much for all the help the past week and Brian thanks for helping me with the heater question. You guys have been so helpful over the past year in general.

2. My fence showed up yesterday. that came from left field so that is cool. they are starting it today i guess. i went over all the elevations with his guy this morning.

3. Got my layout squared and the bond course of brick laid out so we can start that. this past weekend my kitchen equipment showed up. problem number 2 is my new weber came with 2 cracks in it so a new grill is coming next thursday. the only way u could crack this thing would be take a sledge to it and the shipping box is perfect. so it came from the factory like this. my buddy also got me my 2 cabinets for the kitchen so i sanded them all down so i can oil the wood and i got them all taped off so we don't ruin them.

4. My carpender snuck in real quick to see what was up and said hopefully tomorrow they are going to get back at the roof to get it flashed and shingled and we also have to install the hood with duct and cap.

so there ya go. . . issues and movement.

i can live with that. it does totally stink not having my easytouch though.

jim

Untitled by Jim, on Flickr

not much to really see here but for us it's a layout of the first course so we know where there are cuts and such. it's the bonding course which sets the pace for everythign above it. the only thing we don't know yet is the final top course elevation cause the pad is a bit wonky so we have to shoot that to know if we have to mud the first course a little heavier to make sure we are level.

this is my access door for my sink.
plain but no hardware yet.

storage unit and pull out garbage. i love these pull outs from rev-a-shelf. they are thier more expensive unit. so solid. i have 6 in my house and all have never ever had an issue with a door shifting or anything. i highly recommend them.

i have very rude control over my cell right now. i can't fine tune it so it's over producing right now daily cause i need to be below 20% whcih i cant get to cause it's in increments with using the buttons. i run my pump 24/7 so i got to make sure i go out and change it to a higher speed to skim for a few hours at night but more impt remember to go back out a few hours later so i don't run it in super high mode all night.

Totally agree about automation!

Too little, too late, now, but... Did anyone mention this to you, or do you already know? In manual mode, there are increments of output available with the IC40 lower than 20%. Using the More and Less buttons and the LED indicators (from the manual):

Blinking LEDs represent 2%, 4%, 6%, 8% & 10% while solid LEDs represent 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and 100%.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I didn’t know that. That’s what I need cause it’s all rain here and cloudy so I need below 20 percent. So what button presses do I do?

Just use the Less button. One press lower than 20% and the LEDs should then blink: five blinking is 10%, four blinking is 8%, 3=6%, 2=4%, 1=2%. I've never actually tried this myself, I got it out of the manual...

There is no 16% or 48%, etc, just the 10 settings: 2%, 4%, 6%, 8%, 10%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and 100%.

That's 10%. What happens when you push the Less button again? You should then get four blinking lights, which would be 8%, etc.

Well, it would have been nice for Pentair to give us 1 or 2% increments all the way from 0 to 100. Even 5%. But they want you to buy that expensive controller!!

Sidebar, to no one in particular: with an IntellipH and no ET controller, the IntellipH's controller (comes with) can program the IC40 in 1% increments. The IC plugs into the IntellipH, and then the IpH plugs into the IC's transformer. They work together. So theoretically, if my ET goes down, I'll still be able to program my IC.

MORE rain?? WOW! At least our rain is only for a couple of hours then done!

Kim:kim:

29 hrs straight Sunday into Monday. Tuesday was suppose to be clear but it rained all morning. Cleared up in pm. Then started again when we were working around 5 and then poured last night. Good this morning them some showers this pm. It better be good tomorrow and Friday. They r going to pick up my limestones me for the steps tomorrow. My dad and joe. Should be interesting. Today they went for a Sunday drive to pick up the rest of my firebrick for the floor. Lol

jimi

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the pic updates Jim...I think you got so much rain you only used your pool twice!

we used it way more last year and that was not starting to swim in it till August! I said to you before. Pools are a waste of money up here. I was in 1 time. Kids and my wife. Like 20 times maybe.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.