New Northeastern Pa Build

Ok so my water is coming into balance nicely. My ph is up to 7.5 from the 3 inches of rain we got. So my csi is back to -.390. Almost there to a happy place. Being my water is still cold I got to rely on my ph to keep my csi in range. 7.9 put me at 0. So can I keep my ph up that high safely? If the pool is happy? Or hold it at 7.6 to 7.8. Or am I splitting hairs?

also my step is still the same. I don’t know my next move. I know u said to hit it hard with chlorine but the pucks didn’t touch it when they sat there for 5 mins the other day. I think the Vit c and brushing has done the most so far but again it’s there.

Do u think it’s lighter from that pic?

jim

It looked lighter to me. Yeah the fact the puck did nothing does speak of not bothering with the higher FC. That was a duh moment for me......chlorine fixes everything so.........well not this time. Maybe keep trying the vit. c and keep up the brushing.

ok kim. lets see what brian has to add also with when he was asking about the raised surface. i plan on keep brushing it. i brushed yesterday and the steps with a separate brush. i'll hit it with vit c again this week when it STOPS RAINING now! first snow now rain. will we ever get anything done. this is turning into the longest framing job.

saturday we layout electrical and i have to dig a few trenches for my buddy. i was going to take off monday to pull everything but he said he will do it with his guy. i may take a few hours to do the easy touch with him though. i would fee more comfortable that way.

my other buddy who did the pavers with me is on plumber babysitting duty. that's my dad's friend and he is a handful to deal with. so my buddy is in charge of him. lol

my brick is still not in. hopefully end of week. so by next week lots of action I hope.

i have accepted this will be a whole summer thing again.

jim

he complains about everything. why this way, way that way, you mean i have to drill through all these rafters. . . on and on. he wants us to retrench all the utilities so we can make it easier on him to get everything in the building. lol my buddy said you have full conduits through the walls all u have to do is poke the pipe through them. how much easier can it get. i'm actually frustrated at this point. he doesn't like how we ran the waste pipes in the concrete floor vs in the stud wall. we didn't want to put them in the stud wall cause what if something was out of square then a pipe would not fit properly. it's nuts. lol

jim

ok brian so if i go the sandpaper route. . . wet or dry. what grit?

do i dare mention acid scrubber that u attach to end of a pole fill with acid and scrub? that will take layers of plaster away right?

opinions. . .

:)

jimi

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks guys! I couldn’t wait any longer last night so I took it out of the box and got it setup. I’m going to toss him in today when I get home. He can go ice skating. Lol.

Seriously bad bad weather here. It stinks.

I like the swivel. I think that is going to be worth its weight in gold for ease.

Well pool is status quo. I lowered my pump to 1500 24/7 with a 3 hr skim nightly at 3250. Water is crazy cold. 45. It’s wrecking havoc on my csi still cause my ph has been holding st 7.5 for 5 days now. My csi is -.41. So not like me. I’m usually at 0 last summer. Once my ph gets back up to 7.7 I’m golden till it gets hot. Today I lost 2.0 ppm of fc cause it was sunny. I guess with the pool being in full sun from sun up till down I’m just going to loose more till I get my salt cell going.

On pool house news we r framed in. Monday is shingles. Tuesday house wrap. Wednesday doors I guess and finish up. My plumber does rough in tomorrow. My buddy comes tomorrow too and we lay out all electrical and I can start pulling low volt. I might push him off for electric till end of week. I don’t know. I dug our all my conduits tonight cause they got covered up over winter. Muddy mess in the home. I pulled my salt cell cord cause that is the shortest wire that can’t be lengthening. It literally just made it. So I think I’m ok for the spot I picked for my panel. We have to decide tomorrow. my brick finally came in too. It’s sitting down the yard till we need it. We need to get the mixer in and sand in so we don’t block ourselves out. Then the brick can be delivered. I don’t even think I have room on the side of my house for all of it. So we don’t have to be walking out to he street as we eat up material.

Wall-E gets tossed in the drink tomorrow too. See if he sinks. Lol

and maybe. Just maybe. I can get the kids out fishing tomorrow night. Go for some trout.

Reactions: Mr. Muriaticacid
Hi Jim, yesterday I read your thread from beginning to end, so I thought I would pop back and say hi. I love all of your attention to detail and found the questions you asked to be very interesting. We are not far off pool start up so your detailed notes and adjustments during your start up period was very useful. Looking forward to seeing your pool house complete. Your kids are very cute by the way and it was so great to see them helping out along the way.

Hi Jim, yesterday I read your thread from beginning to end, so I thought I would pop back and say hi. I love all of your attention to detail and found the questions you asked to be very interesting. We are not far off pool start up so your detailed notes and adjustments during your start up period was very useful. Looking forward to seeing your pool house complete. Your kids are very cute by the way and it was so great to see them helping out along the way.

thats for all the compliments. i appreciate it. i just always try to put out as much info as possible for others down the road cause i know before I started i was looking overs many builds for fine details to learn. i didn't know the diff between a return and a skimmer before I started. lol i thought a return was a skimmer cause it goes back to the pad. lol

my kids love being around of us when we work especially my dad's buddies.

good luck with start up. it ws a nervous day but my "start up coach" was a huge help along with all the other great folks on this board. they are so patient with me especially when i ask the same question 5 months later! lol

jim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.