New MI member here

Overboost

Jun 24, 2019
MI
Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. Long time lurker, finally decided to register since the site has been helpful for re-learning the finer details of pools.

I grew up with a 28' round above ground at home, and when my wife and I were buying our first home, we found one that had an in-ground pool with it. Being in MI, the pool didn't add any value to the home, but for us it was icing on the cake. It's a 14x25 vinyl in-ground, with steps on both ends and only 4.5 - 5 ft. deep throughout.

Our experience with this pool has been less than great. The pump was original and featured an ancient Jacuzzi filter which had a bad multi-port valve, but I replaced it with a Hayward S210T last year. My original pump was a Hayward RS1500 with a 2hp motor bolted to it, but I've since ordered and am waiting on a TriStar VS. Our heater is a Pentair MiniMax 200, but it also does not work. The plan is to replace it next year. We have been fortunate to get a lot of sun and maintain good swimming temps in the summer, so the heater hasn't bothered us too much being inoperable.

My goals for the pool are to have a little oasis in the back yard. We've got a decent size wood deck adjacent to it, and the pool has been a wonderful little slice of heaven for our family. I'd like to eventually add some audio around it and re-do some landscaping to give it a little nicer feel, but for now, it's getting by nicely.

Even though it's my first post, I can't say thank you enough for all of the assistance that TFP has provided in the few years I've owned this pool. I've even pointed some other pool folks here for the help.

Cheers!

-Steve