New member pool planning in N. Atlanta - Construction Completed 7/2022

Hopefully some Teflon tape will seal it. Be careful not to overnighten it as with fresh tape it will go on easy. Go hand tight and see if it still leaks. Then 1/8 turn if need be with a wrench.

Temperature changes/drops can alter the PSI a good deal, so hopefully what you are seeing with the rest of it is just normal.

Reactions: darkrider
Here's a pic for reference.
Awesome !!! Mine had an inside nut and O-ring that pulled tight as the top tightened down. See if you cab tighten it by hand as is, it may not need to be redone. If not you may need to open it up (pump off and air purged) to get the bottom if redoing the top doesn't work.

Normally, it's something I would DIY. However, I don't want to risk overtightening and damaging it while under contract. I saw several other older threads of people having similar issues on cartridge filters. The PB is supposed to be here at some point today, so I'll likely sit tight and let them handle it. It seems to be holding at around 8psi right now and stopped leaking. Hopefully, if the inspector gets here first, it's not something that they would flag!

Reactions: Newdude
Normally, it's something I would DIY. However, I don't want to risk overtightening and damaging it while under contract.
Pointing whilst sipping a lemonade has its merits as well.

Yeaaaaaaaaaah, *you* should do something about that. Mmmmmmm lemonade. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: darkrider
I can sip with the best of 'em! :ROFLMAO: Although, I'll admit I do ask a lot of questions, as I'll eventually be on my own. I also buy the crew plenty of soda, water and snacks! While I'm waiting on other progress, I'll post up some of my color choices from our design meeting.

This is our choice for waterline tile. Standard 6x6... Nothing flashy, as we wanted this to be natural looking and blend with the boulders, decking, etc.
can85.jpg

This will be the new pool decking. It's the Belgard Origins in Belgian Stone.

NFD_CENTRAL_BEL_OCT2020_Origins_01.png
For pool color, we definitely wanted dark. The better half thought the Onyx Black was too dark, so we went with Ocean Blue PebbleSheen.
PS-OceanBlue-Finish-Collage-09-21-2048x1152.jpg
The last 3 are pics of other builds from our PB. The first gives an idea of what the stacked stones, steps and coping will likely look like. Those are all TN fieldstone that will be sourced from the same yard we will be using. The last 2 are hillside waterfall inspirations that will be similar to what we're looking at. We have a trip scheduled in early March to go with the PB to pick out our boulders.
wow_100.jpg

062.jpg
130.jpg

The crew worked rebar for about a half day yesterday, and will finish it up today, so I'll have some update photos in a bit. Everything is looking good, and we will likely be scheduling shotcrete next week!

Exciting news! Barring any rain delays, we are scheduled for shotcrete on Friday. They'll be here bright and early, and it will take multiple trucks, so it will take the better part of the day. I'll be sure to update with pictures. The only progress since then has been that plumbing passed pressure and inspection. They also spread quickcrete on the mud walls and area surrounding the edge of the pool to help prevent cave-ins due to rain. It's been a soggy week, but the sump pump is keeping the water below the rebar. The Mrs. is travelling to Florida for a mini vacation with her family next week, while I stay behind to water the shotcrete :rolleyes: ... The things we do for our pool!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looking nice!!! Watering daily was a fun part for me. Brushing the Pebbletec every day, several time a day till initial cure, was, not fun! I guess in your area no weeps required in bottom until plaster and fill?? I had about a half-dozen. What is the config at the drain? Not familiar with that.

Time to bond with that shell and water, water, water.
Indeed! I watered once after everything cured yesterday and 3x today. I actually find it relaxing, and am still in awe of how cool everything looks.
Looking nice!!! Watering daily was a fun part for me. Brushing the Pebbletec every day, several time a day till initial cure, was, not fun! I guess in your area no weeps required in bottom until plaster and fill?? I had about a half-dozen. What is the config at the drain? Not familiar with that.
I'm not sure how well you can see it in the pics, but right in the center of the 4 pipes at the bottom is a hydrostatic valve that is open to relieve pressure. They'll cap it and pump everything out when they go to do the plaster/Pebblesheen. I'm still waiting on the plumbing diagram, but my understanding is that 2 of the pipes are main drains, and 2 are suctions for my other pumps, since I have dedicated pumps for the both the waterfall and bubblers (3 total).

Indeed! I watered once after everything cured yesterday and 3x today. I actually find it relaxing,
I become 5 years old the second the hose is turned on 🤷‍♂️. I actually enjoyed cleaning my cartridge filters too. Half for the little kid in me and half for the visual satisfaction as each swipe makes a clean line.

Hi and welcome to the world of pools with TFP in your back pocket! I am trying to catch up on all of the build threads since I changed jobs and have more time now!

I am finding YOUR build just in time to share a set of links I put together got new builds:

The first set is all about what to do and ask about to get a great plaster job. The second set is all about how to care for your pool after you get the plaster.

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Your waterline tile will go great with your whole concept. I would dig through the boxes to remove and hide any "ugly" tiles and to find and set out the extra pretty ones to put on the part of the wall your eyes will fall on as you walk out to the pool from the house!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: nowright

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.