New Member / Owner

50 50 water and bleach and brush it. You always want to clean 100% some liners will show black mold thru the liner and green algae too on white background. Good shape overall from pics. For future record a cheap sump pump with a 1.25" outlet or larger will empty a pool in a few hours. The drop in pump with garden hose is very slow the hose chokes off the flow rate

50 50 water and bleach and brush it. You always want to clean 100% some liners will show black mold thru the liner and green algae too on white background. Good shape overall from pics. For future record a cheap sump pump with a 1.25" outlet or larger will empty a pool in a few hours. The drop in pump with garden hose is very slow the hose chokes off the flow rate
We got a 3/4” hose instead of 5/8” garden for this pump, but we had time for it. :)

Don’t have time to scrub. Gonna have to trust the wet and forget product. Liner goes in tomorrow am.

I left after they stopped by. They did say they would scrub the walls down with bleach as part of the prep for the new liner, so I should be OK. I'll probably stop by on lunch and see how it's going!

Reactions: kimkats
How cold is your tap water in WI? If there was only a way to get your heater fired up to heat the water as it was coming into the pool. Hopefully it will warm up for you within the next couple weeks so you get use out of it before your temps start getting cold.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’m not too worried. It’s about 60 right now, but it’ll warm up in a week or so I bet. The ground around it is pretty warm and it’s a dark liner. :)

Some of the CYA worked through the mesh and is sitting on the liner. It’s not the big granules, just undissolved dust. Is that a problem?

FF4523B0-EDEC-42EA-BD6F-FC0EFC3FF7D2.jpeg

Some of the CYA worked through the mesh and is sitting on the liner. It’s not the big granules, just undissolved dust. Is that a problem?

View attachment 114137

Brush it around until it dissolves. CYA is mildly acidic. I wouldn’t want it to bleach your new liner.

Reactions: JoeSelf and kimkats
Brush it around until it dissolves. CYA is mildly acidic. I wouldn’t want it to bleach your new liner.
Did that last night. Nothing left on the bottom I could see. Chems look pretty balanced, though my chlorine must be degraded as adding it didn't give the kick up to where it should have been.

Ugh. How am I getting dead algae on the floor of the pool when I just changed out the water and chlorinated it immediately?

A couple of these spots I just brushed away and the stuff is already accumulating back a couple of hours later.

C3DA0B7E-B0F3-4A3D-B80B-BB8919A2A7D5.jpegB0FB9A5B-C2B7-43DA-B77D-F8D9FAC9BC76.jpegDF1DE2ED-519A-4E05-B197-E7CF1D745DC3.jpeg78455E8A-9124-492D-91B6-38C4664243C5.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.