New Member / Owner

IceShadow

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Well to be safe I bumped up the chlorine to SLAM levels (at least, I did if my bleach hasn’t degraded). Used the last of the bleach I bought a month ago. Got new stuff for the future. Then I brushed everywhere. Walls, ladder, steps, even the pool floor.

If it comes back maybe it is just dirt. I will vacuum it.

Reactions: kimkats

JoeSelf

Gold Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Glassboro NJ
You were in full sun when you got 14, then tested later at night. I would go one more day and do an OCLT w/o sun hitting the pool.

critter783

Silver Supporter
Jul 26, 2017
Melbourne, KY
That looks like sand from the installers' shoes. I had a new liner installed back in June and had some sand like that. I was able to vacuum it all up, although it did take a few days.

critter783

Silver Supporter
Jul 26, 2017
Melbourne, KY
It's funny how much your experience seems to be mirroring mine. We did a new liner because I was suspecting leaking based on having to add water weekly last year. This year I have only added water once since we finished refilling and I've pumped some out twice.

Hopefully you have as easy a time maintaining the water as I have this year. It's been an absolute breeze, and the water has never looked better or been more enjoyable. Pool care has definitely been trouble-free this year.

Reactions: IceShadow

IceShadow

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Decided I was tired of the dripping from below the chlorinator. The piece it threaded into was cross-threaded. So I replaced and moved it. Before and after below.

B4DEC363-EC4F-40FC-A70A-531376189F8A.jpegC273367E-9F58-4929-940D-2892AAB8FF3E.jpeg

It still drips from the chlorinator a little. May do a new piece with the new unions to replace the chlorinator section except when it’s in use.

IceShadow

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Maybe it started clear and the chemicals over time changed it green? I dunno. I'm gonna pull it out and replace it with some straight tube now that I have unions in place. I can keep it for if I am ever away a while and can throw pucks in it.