New Member Green Algae Pool Equip Problems HELP!

problemchild

Oct 1, 2020
Lathrop, CA
Hi, for over a week can't get rid of green algae, tested at Leslies Pool says chemicals are fine has to do with equipment problems have checked all valves replaced all seal in pool motor etc. Gage seems to be fine my pool equipment seems to be fine, gage is normal but having a leak at bottom of pool pump housing now. Pool circulating like normal but is not filtering, seems like it's bypassing the filter. Help anyone had this problem before I'm afraid I might need to hire a pool technician I am at my end of you tubing etc.

Hi, and welcome to TFP. I gotta run, but just wanted to leave you a quick hello. We have the solution. It'll be relatively simple. And likely has absolutely nothing to do with your equipment and very likely has all to do with the crud and advice that Leslie's has been giving you. Their model of pool care is not sustainable, that is a fact, and you are likely at the end of its natural course, which inevitably is failure, usually with a healthy dose of algae thrown in. Start with the two links below, and buy one of the few recommended kits (the TF-100 would be a good choice). Your solution is dependent on a quality test kit (NOT Leslie's testing).

If you do have a filtering problem, we'll address that, too. But green equals algae and if your water is circulating the algae was not caused by lack of filtering. First things first, get the kit. Pour in a gallon of bleach every day until the kit arrives. Then test your water with the kit, and post your results here. From those results, you'll get the advice you need.

In the meantime, stay out of Leslie's and don't pour anything else into your pool (except the chlorine). Leslie's potions will just make your problem worse.

Look here for some links to info about which kit to buy:

Read This BEFORE You Post - Trouble Free Pool

And here to get you started on a path to a Trouble Free Pool.

Last edited:
Algae is always a chemistry problem, sometimes complicated by equipment issues. That said, if you're having equipment issues we can suggest ways around them while you take care of the chemistry.

Have you just recently switched to this Zeo sand (sand replacement product)??

Put a picture up of your equipment pad showing all the valves....maybe we'll see a problem? Pool too, please :)

You need a proper test kit, as Leslies isn't very good and we need to know we're all speaking the same language of test results. I prefer the TF-100 from www.tftestkits.net or the Taylor K-2006C. The TF-100 is cheaper and a better buy though. We need to know:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt if applicable

Thanks.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.