New Member from Arizona

csw2016

Feb 25, 2020
Apache Junction, Az
I have a sand filter system and bought a house with a older pool. It is becoming a nightmare trying to keep[ it from breaking down. Just had to re plaster and add new tile to update it. Now I have to worry about the pump and Back wash valve not working. My Mr Pool cleaner is also not moving I have tried everything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

For starters, Welcome to TFP! Can you fill in your signature with your equipment and pool info like mine below, this way we can help you better. Please take a picture of you Pump/filter pad so we can get the idea. If your MPV is not working you probably have a bad spider gasket, you need the model number so you can order the correct part. The MPV is easy to take apart, just 5-6 phillips/flat screws on the top. Also start by ordering a Test Kits Compared. Speedstir makes testing easier. Start reading up on ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry so we speak the same language.

Welcome :handwave:

Sounds like the equipment is just as old as the plaster was. It might be time for an equipment update. As mentioned above show us some pics of the pool and equipment and let us see if we can offer suggestions.

Maddie :flower:

Welcome to TFP CSW. :wave:

Step 1, take a deep breath, relax, and we’ll help you get that pool and you up to speed.
Step 2, can you take some pictures of your equipment pad and pool, so we can see what you have going on.

No worries, we’ll have you enjoying your pool in no time! :cheers:

Reactions: Geegelouise