New Member, First Build...What have we gotten into?

That's great!!! So glad you finally got plastered! And they were smart enough to isolate the spa plumbing before they filled it so good for you. Can't wait to see in it filled up. I bet that will sparkle like nobody's business.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Brush it, brush it real good! THAT will be taking up any free time he has! That and playing with his new Birthday toys!

Kim

That's so funny Kim - that is exactly what I was going to say. I decided to brush this evening - started out in my work clothes (heels and iphone in coat pocket) then thought "oh it could be so easy to fall in and Jimbo and others have done that w/ their phones!" So I changed into sneakers and put my phone away before finishing.

Our electric is not hooked up yet, so we are not running any pumps. I planned to test some water this evening and still need to do that. We need to figure out away to get the chips of flagstone that came off during pressure washing out of the bottom of the pool before they get sucked up into anything. It may be a two person job, brush and use the skimmer net.

-Karen

Hey at least we learn from each other! LOL NO phones by the pool!

I do see getting the chips out of the pool as being a two person team. One holding a nice hot drink and warm towel while the other one jumps in to get them! LOL

Kim who would NOT be the one jumping in!

Hey at least we learn from each other! LOL NO phones by the pool!

I do see getting the chips out of the pool as being a two person team. One holding a nice hot drink and warm towel while the other one jumps in to get them! LOL

Kim who would NOT be the one jumping in!

You are a great thinker!!! But pretty sure that it won't fly....

Electric got hooked up today but the pool start up guy didn't make it out. It was late when electrician finished - and it was raining all day. Start up guy is supposed to be here tomorrow, and if not - we'll be reading manuals and programming the Easy Touch on our own. I really want to get the pumps running. It just doesn't sound like it's a good idea to brush the plaster dust and then have it settle on the bottom....

I tested the water yesterday, no real difference from the test of the fill water. I was hoping the acid wash might have some benefit (no idea why I thought that but why not). Our ph is off the charts as is the TA, so it will probably take some work with MA to get it to move. I know TwoLabs had to use 80oz. and I've got plenty sitting on my porch ready to pour in. -Karen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.