New Member, First Build...What have we gotten into?

This is a whale brush.
05b46f077869248ee7e27a33cacde6cc.jpg

I think I will call NPT directly. My challenge is that I will be on a flight first thing in the morning and I won't land until late morning Central (Texas) time. But my conversation with the Project Manager this afternoon did not give me the warm and fuzzies.

The project manager and landscape crew were out working today so as they were wrapping up, I walked outside to where he and Bob were talking (the dreaded "here comes the wife" moment) and said, <PM name insert here> - "Did Bob tell you I had a lot of questions about the plaster? What is this about dyeing the stonescapes again 3 days later? Is it because we chose the black? First he said, let me show you as he pulled out his phone and then said, "Oh I only have the finished picture here (which was very nice of a black stonescapes job). Then I think he got confused between Stonescapes and plaster and he back tracked several times and then told me all Stonescapes colors are done that way and I said "really? I'm on a pool forum and I specifically know and have seen the Stonescapes color such as Tropics Blue get sprayed on with the color and they didn't have to go back and dye it" Then he hemmed and hawed a bit. I followed up to say - "You realize this is very important to me - right? You are going to be here supervising. Out of everything that has been done on this pool - this is when I most want you here. Out of all the redo's this one will be nearly impossible to redo if it's done wrong. I am making myself clear right?"

Then we talked about brushing and he said we should start brushing right after the fill. Then we showed him the whale brush which he hasn't seen and he thought it was ingenious and began taking photos of it so he could show other people....

-Karen

So for the heck of it - my fill water readings:
FC 2.5
CC 1.0
TC 3.5
PH > 8.2
TA > 120

Good job Karen! I have never heard of spraying on top of the plaster... Although I don't have a lot of experience with pool building, I agree with Kim and the other members, this sounds completely off!! I'm glad you're calling the plaster company to find out. Let us know what they say.

Hugs to you Karen! AND to you BOB since you are the one that will be there with your gun on your hip and KNOWING that Karen is counting on you to make sure it is the best, sparklest, prettiest pool ever!

Let us know how the phone call goes.

Kim

Given everything you've been told by your PB and the various subs, hopefully by now you shouldn't trust anything they say!

When asked if he trusted that the Soviets were really disarming their nukes in the 80s, the great Ronald Reagan quipped "Trust, but verify". For you guys, maybe it's more along the lines of I can tell you're lying because your lips moving, and I'm going to check, recheck, and trebble-check everything you tell me!

If your fill water is above pH 8.2, you will need to monitor that closely and keep it in the 7's.

I would do that just as soon as you can get circulation in the pool.

That's what I had to do. My fill water was definitely above 8.2. It was still reading 8.2 on the test after I added 42 oz of MA. It wound up taking around 80 oz of MA to get it down to 7.5. Ever since then it's been easy to manage.

Spoke to the NPT store in Dallas and I am waiting for the account representative to call me back - but the rep at the store said she had never heard of Stonescapes needing to be dyed after application. Which leads me even further down the path of thinking the project manager just says whatever pops into his head and then has to backtrack when he is questioned on the reality of what he just said.

On another note - SURPRISE, we are not getting plaster today. The project manager said he was confused and it was another project in McKinney getting plaster today and we are supposedly getting it on Wednesday - which suspiciously enough ties back into the day he said he would be back out to our property to "dye" it. I think Bob is right, the project manager may have been in too many boxing rounds.

-Karen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just do not know what to say :(

I really think it is a good thing they did not do it yet. It does not like he knows what is up or down. This will give YOU time to research so you KNOW what needs to be done and how and when. This way you will be able to make sure it is done right the first time.

I know it seems as if THEY should know but......................

Kim

[quote name="RangerBob" post=747326]I think Bob is right, the project manager may have been in too many boxing rounds.

-Karen[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the hard drive is spinning but the OS hasn't been installed.

Ok I've just been lurking on your thread and watching progress but this one made me laugh out loud. Literally.

BAHAHAAHAHAHA!

<edit>
Stupid Tapatalk messed up my quote formatting.

Everybody better sit down for this one - nobody showed on Wednesday for plaster. Not only did they not show, they didn't call to say they weren't coming. so when Bob called the project manager to ask where he was he says "Oh, the pool builder's daughter had her baby so the PB is with his daughter and I (the project manager) am covering his appointments. And since you wanted me to be on site for plaster, I rescheduled it for Friday". And of course it also meant that apparently none of the other work could get done this week either.

just had to pass along the ridiculousness of the situation. - Karen

Everybody better sit down for this one - nobody showed on Wednesday for plaster. Not only did they not show, they didn't call to say they weren't coming. so when Bob called the project manager to ask where he was he says "Oh, the pool builder's daughter had her baby so the PB is with his daughter and I (the project manager) am covering his appointments. And since you wanted me to be on site for plaster, I rescheduled it for Friday". And of course it also meant that apparently none of the other work could get done this week either.
just had to pass along the ridiculousness of the situation. - Karen

So frustrating! What a hassle! Honestly no respect for your time!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.