New member 0 Total Alkalinity

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately test strips are incredibly unreliable and prone to false readings. For instance: if your TA is zero then your pH is not 7.2, so one of those is wrong and depending on which one you could be facing a major problem. Not to mention that if those FC and TC numbers are correct you've got other significant issues, but less pressing than the TA one.

Since this issue can be very time sensitive (do you have a heater by chance?) we really need some accurate TA and pH numbers quickly so my usual advice on proper testing needs a bit of adjusting. What we need are pH and TA numbers from a liquid based test kit. Usually Walmart or Home Depot carry kits that have the typical pH and Chlorine tests along with TA, CH, and CYA. That one will give us an accurate reading on pH and TA and let us move forward ASAP in helping you diagnose and correct the issue. There is a chance the issue is just testing error and that would be the best case scenario. And please note that I am absolutely NOT asking you to get your water tested at a pool store. We don't trust them any more than test strips. Even a relatively cheap kit from a big box store is more reliable than them.

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately test strips are incredibly unreliable and prone to false readings. For instance: if your TA is zero then your pH is not 7.2, so one of those is wrong and depending on which one you could be facing a major problem. Not to mention that if those FC and TC numbers are correct you've got other significant issues, but less pressing than the TA one.

Since this issue can be very time sensitive (do you have a heater by chance?) we really need some accurate TA and pH numbers quickly so my usual advice on proper testing needs a bit of adjusting. What we need are pH and TA numbers from a liquid based test kit. Usually Walmart or Home Depot carry kits that have the typical pH and Chlorine tests along with TA, CH, and CYA. That one will give us an accurate reading on pH and TA and let us move forward ASAP in helping you diagnose and correct the issue. There is a chance the issue is just testing error and that would be the best case scenario. And please note that I am absolutely NOT asking you to get your water tested at a pool store. We don't trust them any more than test strips. Even a relatively cheap kit from a big box store is more reliable than them.
No heater. I will head to Home Depot and get the correct kit. Thank you!