New M600 robot

Not sure, but the first time I ran the M600, one of the circular covers that is on the outside of the treads came off. Needless to say I didn't have to go diving for it as the M600 ended up sucking it into the basket ?. The circular cover is probably 4" or 5" diameter with 1" clips. It moves a tremendous amount of water and has some pretty incredible suction.
Geez, maybe there should be a small child warning on that thing!

Reactions: rmontgomery
Does anyone know if the basket/bottom opening on the M600 is larger than an A30i? We have an elm tree right over our pool and we battle leaves, seed pods, and berries all year. Often the opening in the bottom of the A30i will get jammed with leaves and spend the rest of the cycle just driving around the pool. If the M600 has a larger basket and/or opening on the bottom that could push me into upgrading.

Maytronics does list a different part number on their M600 basket than the A30i BUT it uses the EXACT SAME filter panels and non return flap as the A30i so it is not going to be any different than what you have now. Just don't want you to spend all that extra money and be disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Locotl
So after a few weeks of using my M600, I can say it’s an amazing robot, much better than my old Hayward aquavac 500. It does a really good job on the waterline, and the fact it’s online and can turn it on from my phone, and drive if need be, is a nice feature. Also the extra large basket makes cleaning a breeze compared to the aquavac. I named it Harvey 2, keeping with its predecessor, and in homage to the infamous hurricane that happened during the opening week of the new pool.
In an attempt to prolong the life of this robot I built an enclosure for the “brain” to keep it out of the sun and weather out of starboard. It sits right near the pool under the roof overhang so relatively protected. Turned out nice in my opinion and beats the caddy that it came with.
That is just what I am looking for. I have a thread, that I need to update, Electric Service for New Build in Under Construction. Your pictures are very helpful. The garage/apartment/poolhouse is totally enclosed, the addition starting as soon as I have permit. I am saving this thread and your pictures to show the pool builder when pool build starts late fall winter 2020. I think your enclosure is a mailbox if not mistaken.

Totally agree with Marina. Margaret helped me in the fall when I was looking to purchase one for our new pool. This was their pricing (on 10 of the units they carry) this past fall:

View attachment 125520

View attachment 125521
Thank you for this. I am not very technical oriented and I needed a visual aid before calling. Helps me to absorb the information and think of what questions I want to ask and information I need to know.

Reactions: l1ltaral1l
It’s not technically a mailbox, I built the enclosure out of 1/2” marine starboard and a stainless steel piano hinge. There’s a marine grommet on the bottom for the cord to pass through and keep wasps and tree frogs from finding a new home inside. I can post the plans I used if you’d like.

Reactions: WillieFlo
Well I have used my new “Algae Eater M600” for the 5th time since we got it on Thursday. Love this thing! I did take a few tries to get it to connect to the cloud via WiFi, but smooth sailing ever since.
I too am another Marina Pool & Spa happy customer! Margaret was the best, and Marina’s price on the M600 was the same as I would have paid for an Active 30i locally, here in the Houston area!

Attachments

• FE164DE2-4FBF-4BC3-8761-CD8FCCE6D954.jpeg
    FE164DE2-4FBF-4BC3-8761-CD8FCCE6D954.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 96896ED4-8C90-4112-805F-4D597064A350.jpeg
    96896ED4-8C90-4112-805F-4D597064A350.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 8C1EC8D2-3522-419E-9642-55155D770601.jpeg
    8C1EC8D2-3522-419E-9642-55155D770601.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: rmontgomery
All parts can be cut from a regular 1/2 sheet of marine starboard (24"x48"). The piano hinge I bought on amazon and cut to size with a hacksaw. The images below are the design I worked up in sketch up and its all color coded. The angle for the sides is really what you like, but would have to modify dimensions. I just marked an inch down on one side and drew a line to the opposite corner and cut it. The front panel and back top support also need this same slight bevel so everything closes right. The routed vents in the side I did just to allow cross air flow and prevent the "brains" from ever getting too hot.

Attachments

• Cutting_diagram.jpg
    Cutting_diagram.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Construction_diagram.jpg
    Construction_diagram.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: Fast7

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.