New Liner Leaking at Stairs

all4usa

Sep 16, 2021
SamDog#2021
Had new liner installed by a individual who does installs for a pool company but did this one on the side. hmmmm.

From day one the pool lost about 2-3" water per day. After three months of back and forth trying to figure things out I let pool drain down till it would not drain anymore. See pics and I found leak on my own after removing the strip covering the base strip that the screws holding the liner up on the stairs are.

A. Had another pool man come out and showed the leak and he said new liner is all you can do.....rrggghh He said no matter what that I'd have problems based on what he saw. Said the downward pressure of water on whatever the fix is will cause problems no matter what. Said it might last a month but at most a year and I'd be filling pool daily.
or
B. Finally talked to the man that originally installed it and showed him the attached pics. He said ' easy fix' that he'd drain remaining water (not much left) and then would pull the liner back up from deeper end then put the jet engine vac he has on it and re-attach.

Not sure which one to believe at this point.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
You might as well let B give it a try with the existing liner.

If it does not work then you are back to A. B is worth a try first .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.