New liner in 2 weeks, chemistry before closing?

Aug 9, 2016
lancaster PA.
Looking for some advise please. I am having new liner installed in 2 weeks and was thinking of just filling the pool 4 inches below skimmers and then having the pool company close the pool. I am thinking of adding only say 6 gallons of bleach and starting fresh in the spring on CYA and salt and proper FC. Or should I fill to normal level and run pump and get everything good to go before closing. I will use pool math to calculate either way. I start off green every year on opening anyway so I don't mind waiting till spring. I just don't want to cause any damage during winter. any thoughts appreciated. Thank you

A million people do it both ways. I prefer to close it balanced late (60 degree or less water), and open early before 60 degrees with clear water. But i have 2 dozen friends who are hardcore Memorial day to Labor day, probably going to have a swamp next year people.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.