New kit! Real numbers. Now what??

I am maintaining shock level and I know I should ignore pH during this process but I have pretty bad scaling on walls so I lowered pH yesterday. It was 7.2 at 8 pm last night and at 12 toda it was already 8 again. What is causing my pH to shoot up so fast?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you pull the light? Seems like I read about huge green messes behind the light. Do you have on? Inside the skimmer mouth seems to be another very popular place for green to hang out.

I assume you are brushing your walls and vacuuming your debris to waste?

passionsrlz said:
No light in pool. I scrub and scrub. I almost pass but don't. It's been a month now but what I didn't know is I was working with a bad pump that was dying. I replace the pump and water cleared in 3 days. Just can't seem to get totall over the hump.
It's a long shot, but there was someone else recently who couldn't pass the CC test for weeks. Turns out he had algae growing in his sample bottle!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.