New kit! Real numbers. Now what??

Dare I say i passed the overnight test??????????
10:30 pm FC 15 CC 0
05:30 am FC 15 CC 0
I almost cried. But now I have kept it so high for so long I am petrified to let it drop. What do I do? Let it drop to 5 and keep it that way?? How often do I check it now?

Yes, you can let it drop to the top of your recommended FC range. Check it again this afternoon. Check the FC every day from now on. I haven't read back through the whole thread, but when you were having trouble passing the overnight test did you pull the ladder out and clean it? Sometimes algae hides in the nooks and crannies of the ladder.

I haven't put the ladder in because of that exact reason. I pulled filter out yesterday and it was really dirty so I'm thinking maybe that was part of the problem. I'm going on vacation next week my mom is coming out every other day. She won't be testing the water but she wil l put in bleach how much should she pug in and I'm not sure what to do about running the pump. Should I get a timer?

I am not trying to scare you, just have some extra CL on hand so when the ladder is reintroduced, and debris or algae on or inside the ladder will consume CL. I think I would bring the CL o shock levels based on your CYA and then add the ladder while to pump us running. Test your CL a couple extra times to see your CL stays above CYA based minimum.

passionsrlz said:
I haven't put the ladder in because of that exact reason. I pulled filter out yesterday and it was really dirty so I'm thinking maybe that was part of the problem. I'm going on vacation next week my mom is coming out every other day. She won't be testing the water but she wil l put in bleach how much should she pug in and I'm not sure what to do about running the pump. Should I get a timer?
How long will you be gone?

Do you have a pool cover?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.