New K2006 test kit. Where do I begin?

Jun 17, 2017
Florida
Finally broke down and got the k2006 test kit from Taylor. I thought I was :confused: when I put up my pool then I got this. Where do I start? I admit, I'm too lazy to scroll thru to find this exact topic so don't spank too hard. Pleeease (in my Jessica rabbit voice)

Re: New K2006 test kit. Where do I begin?

Thanks. Did a 25ml sample. 2 scoops of powder. Turned and stayed pink. Added 20 drops of r0871 and still stayed pink. I didn't want to waste anymore drops and here I am.

Lesson #1: Use only 10 ml water and only one scoop of powder. If after mixing you see even one tiny speck of undissolved powder, you have enough. Then multiply drops by .5 or divide by 2 to get your reading. Saves time and reagents.

Lesson #2: After mixing the CYA sample, pour it back and forth between the view tube and the mixing bottle as many times as you need to feel comfortable with your reading.

Lesson #1: Use only 10 ml water and only one scoop of powder. If after mixing you see even one tiny speck of undissolved powder, you have enough. Then multiply drops by .5 or divide by 2 to get your reading. Saves time and reagents.

Lesson #2: After mixing the CYA sample, pour it back and forth between the view tube and the mixing bottle as many times as you need to feel comfortable with your reading.

Thank you kind sir. I'm starting to feel like I'm not :drown:

Ok first test
Fc 11.5
Cc .5
Ch 60
Ph 7.2
Ta 50

Good??

CYA??

ph is not a valid test when FC is above 10 ppm.

FC of 11.5 ppm is not bad. Depends on your CYA -- see [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I've been dealing with algae, mustard algae to be specific. Before I got my test kit, I was utilizing the wonderful skills (cough cough) of the pool people. And Clorox Pool and Spa... Apparently whatever I put in my pool turned to Clay in my filter. :puker:I changed it and will throw it away. But is this from the stupid algaecide from clorox pool and spa? It has 3% copper and 97% "other ingredients".

Also where is a chart to show my test results? I've been to pool school, and can't find the results. My cya is 100
Fc is 12
Cc is .5
Ph 7.0

Attachments

• 20180702_100444.jpg
    20180702_100444.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 20180702_100424.jpg
    20180702_100424.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 50
Filter is dirty. Clean it. I doubt you have added enough of the copper algaecide to get above 0.3ppm copper in your pool.

What chart would pool school have that would show your test results?

The recommended ranges are Pool School - Recommended Levels

At a CYA of 100 you are going to have difficulty in following through with a normal SLAM, followed by the Mustard Algae SLAM, as you say you have mustard algae.

Filter is dirty. Clean it. I doubt you have added enough of the copper algaecide to get above 0.3ppm copper in your pool.

What chart would pool school have that would show your test results?

The recommended ranges are Pool School - Recommended Levels

At a CYA of 100 you are going to have difficulty in following through with a normal SLAM, followed by the Mustard Algae SLAM, as you say you have mustard algae.

Don't have it anymore. But can't figure out what turned to clay in my filter. It literally looks like wet cat litter

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.