New Jandy VSP install with iAqualink - pump won't turn on

pianoguy

Apr 29, 2023
SW FL
I've seen previous same situations in the thread but have yet to nail down why mine won't turn on, and am pretty much at the end of my troubleshooting list and humbly come for some assistance from you guys.

When sending a pump start signal from the board, you can hear a click and the light above the service button for the pump turns on (or in the app the icon changes) but the pump doesn't start running.

Pump: Jandy Model No: VSFHP165AUT
Wired to a brand new Aqualink RS: RS-P4
  • I have connectivity to the system from the app through the wireless access - so that is set up. (Also having done that I now have access to the manual buttons in Service mode in the Aqualink box)
  • There is 240V power at the pump when the pump switch turns on from the box, and it goes away when the pump switch is turned off
  • I saw something in a previous dead thread about having to set up the VSP pump in the app settings re: speeds etc. and did that to the best of my ability (and pressed "save" before leaving that page in the app). Wondering if there is something unique I am missing there?
  • I also tried to set up a schedule (1:00pm - 12:59pm to basically just have it running 24/7 just to get this figured out) in case it was getting the "switch" to turn on, but was not due to a schedule situation. The same issue of it not turning on occurs whether switching it on and off from the app, or from the panel in Service mode - so I don't "think" it's a schedule problem
  • The 5 position DIP switch in the pump is set to 1-4 Off and 5 On (as was in the manual assuming I was using the right settings for this particular pump which was not super clear...)
Any ideas / previous solutions would be so welcome ... I'm pretty much scratching my head at this point and desperate to just get some water running through (even if at a single speed / not programmed for now) to be able to check the brand new plumbing of the whole pool pad. Thx so much in advance...

• There is 240V power at the pump when the pump switch turns on from the box, and it goes away when the pump switch is turned off

A VS pump should have continuous power.

Move the pump power wires from the LOAD screws on the relay to the LINE screws so it is always powered.

Let us know if things work as right now your pump has no power when the Aqualink tries to communicate with it via RS-485.

Thanks for the reply ajw22.

I just solved it ... In the hopes this helps someone moving forward:

Although it is mentioned nowhere in any of the iAqualink setup manuals/guides in the iAqualink app (the web interface section) you need to click on the "VS Pump" setup button and select a pump. (I believe the full nested path to get to that is Menu-->System Setup-->VS Pump Setup) I had done that previously but selected the wrong choice of the few available... In a very unintuitive naming scheme, it turns out the correct selection for (apparently any?) Jandy pump is the generic name "ePump", the other choices are for a couple of pentair pumps with much more descriptive names easily identifying specific pumps. So you need to select "ePump" for a Jandy pump... that did it.

You would think with it being Jandy's software that their pumps would be clearly identified and the competitor's pumps would have the generic ID names but that's not the case. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.