New Jacuzzi Brand Hot Tub Cover - Sunbrella material?

Sep 9, 2016
Wayland
Question - I’m have a circ pump replace in my 2012 Jacuzzi J 345. I asked them if the had any Jacuzzi covers for my J 345 and they said yes - it’s not the vinyl its the new sunbrella type material and the last couple of years Jacuzzi has been using this material and it’s a better cover.

This is the service guy telling me this - but I cannot find them anywhere online. It’s $479 - but he may be able to get a better price.

Anyone else see a cover like this?

I bought a cover Feb last year with a similar material - our material is called WeatherShield, and it is supposed to last longer than Vinyl. We got the cover from rhtubs.com. So far it is holding up well, but more time will tell. I think it is a little nicer looking than vinyl. We have some outdoor couches and some higher end umbrellas with the true Sunbrella fabric and it they are almost 10 years old with just some light fading. It would be nice if the hot tub cover lasts that long.

Sail covers and the UV protective layer on headsails are all made from Sunbrella, it lasts an incredibly long time in direct sunlight exposure.

I had a Sunbrella mainsail cover that was over 15 years old on my last boat, it had a some slight fading in a few spots but the fabric was still good condition.

My Bullfrog tub came with a outer covering that looks like Sunbrella. It looks nice, unless you live in the woods and get a lot of tree sap, which tends to attach to the fabric more than with vinyl. I'll bet the foam gets waterlogged before this fabric wears out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The Weathershield is a fantastic product! So much better than the traditional vinyl. Much stronger while being lighter. The handles and straps do not rip. The huge thing is when it is cold outside vinyl gets stiff………this new material stays nice and flexible. I have the black on our cover. Super happy!

I got is last week - just got it installed and it fits and looks nice! They only had brown - which actually works in our color scheme. Originally had grey vinyl. Seems really nice. It is light. It is called Weathershield. We will see - I will post pics in a couple of days.

Thank you all for the responses - hate to see a thread not closed out - so I'll post a final pic and review. We paid $420 in NYS final price.

Reactions: santacruzpool
My Bullfrog tub came with a outer covering that looks like Sunbrella. It looks nice, unless you live in the woods and get a lot of tree sap, which tends to attach to the fabric more than with vinyl. I'll bet the foam gets waterlogged before this fabric wears out.

Mine did as well. Works well so far. Friends & family with vinyl covers are jealous.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.