New (ish) IC40 reporting 0 salt level, Flow Green, Red Low Salt

Well, I can settle this debate -- I called Pentair and since I didn't buy from a brick and mortar store, the warranty is 60 days. :(

Hopefully replacing the flow sensor is the issue.

they could be quoting the ‘Trade Grade’ line of products that pretty much includes everything but the ICXX. That’s what fooled me. 5 pages of products that need the dealer to purchase and install.

My heater, pump and filter are on the 60 day list. The IC60 is not.

Last edited:
they could be quoting the ‘Trade Grade’ line of products that pretty much includes everything but the ICXX. That’s what fooled me. 5 pages of products that need the dealer to purchase and install.

My heater, pump and filter are on the 60 day list. The IC60 is not.

Wonder how I could get them to admit this? The lady I spoke to was very certain that the Intellichlor had a 60 day warranty since I didn't buy it from brick & mortar store....

Call back and hope for someone else? LOL

Reactions: newdude
Be sure you state that it was a replacement cell. Not a full system. Did you submit the warranty information when you purchased the cell?

The online registration left a lot to be desired. Had to submit a pic of the receipt and all your standard info and wait for it to be approved. Of course the first time had a system error and failed after I submitted it unbeknownst to me I lost 2 weeks of the 30 day period to register it. And then after that I couldn’t enter my serial # because it had already been used in the failed submission. I had to call and have it done manually in the end anyway.

Call back and hope for someone else? LOL
Call back and have the rep go though the warranty web page with you so you can show them where is says you don’t need professional install.

I had read that info here last year but there was nowhere to differentiate it in the online registration. The installers info was a required field too, You couldn’t just skip it. I could have put my own name and address down but I figured it would call more attention to it that way and I’d be denied.

Call back and have the rep go though the warranty web page with you so you can show them where is says you don’t need professional install.

I had read that info here last year but there was nowhere to differentiate it in the online registration. The installers info was a required field too, You couldn’t just skip it. I could have put my own name and address down but I figured it would call more attention to it that way and I’d be denied.

I ended up registering it online. Then called back and went straight to the warranty claim department. The guy was very helpful - did a bit of remote troubleshooting and then decided it sounded like the flow sensor (which we assumed from the beginning). He didn't have any issue opening a work order for a warranty claim. So it just seems like that customer service person who I talked to before just was incorrect.

Thanks for the tips!

We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.

We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.