New IntelliCenter pump setting advise please

roth79

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2009
So I overdid it and had a new pentair intellicenter installed this week. I have a small single body pool, with intellichlor, waterfall and vsp pump and light only. My pool electronic guru installed yesterday and I am trying to add pump schedules. I
he has it set up 2200 rpm 8-5pm and slow speed 5:01 to 9pm, I want to change the times and add a few more schedules. Like 12 to 4, 4-7 etc, I need a higher speed for the intellichlor some times. I have tried adding schedules but it’s not working, I definitely know it’s new user error. Can anyone help me out? Also the intellichlor is staying powered 24-7 and blinking all night as there is no flow. Is this a problem? I had it wired to a interstices timer and the older seperate transformer box that he removed as the new intellicenter has the transformer built in to the unit. Is this a concern. I have reviewed the manual last night and I’m not so sure?

thanks for any advise.

Roth,

Your installer needs to come back and fix his mistake.. It is mandatory that the power to the SWCG's transformer be routed through the Pump Filter relay to make sure the cell gets no power when the pump is off.. While rare, the cell can explode if the flow switch fails and the cell has power.

I am not up on IntelliCenter programming, so let's see if others can help... Calling @MyAZPool .. I assume it is basically the same at the EasyTouch.. You should have some type of configuration app or section that allows you to program.. If you can get into that area and post a couple of pics of what is not working, I'm sure we have several people here that can help.

Thanks,

Jim R.

roth79
Definitely concur with Jimrahbe on his first point.
As far as programming the schedules, here are some general guidelines that may help.

1. Recommend any programming be performed from from a desktop/laptop using the IntelliCenter Web-Client versus a mobile device app. Quite a bit easier. Mobile apps are fine for control but not so much for programming.

2. When programming the IntelliCenter, what I have found to be the easiest in my feeble mind :p, is to follow the steps below:

a) First, develop and create your FEATURE CIRCUITS. Keep in mind that AUX CIRCUITS are for anything where power is controlled by a relay (Pumps, Lights, etc). Think of FEATURE CIRCUITS as "Virtual" circuits. These are used for things such as Pump Speeds or Flows (in the case of VF or VSF pumps), Valve Actuators, Heater On/Off control etc.​
b) Next, create your CIRCUIT GROUPS. These are macros where you can combine several commands into one. These can be any combination of AUX CIRCUITS or FEATURE CIRCUITS.​
c) Then navigate to your PUMPS page. Set your applicable settings in the upper portion of the page and then create your various pump speeds/flows. This is what throws most folks. Here, you click on the pull-down menu and then select the applicable pump speed that you created in the FEATURE CIRCUITS (SETTINGS > CIRCUITS page). Then set the applicable speed. I.E. Let's say you want to have a speed of 1500 rpm. Create a FEATURE CIRCUIT named Speed 1500. Then select that FEATURE CIRCUIT from the pull-down in the PUMPS page, click the RPM radio button and then set the speed to 15O0. Easy Peasy.​
d) Lastly, navigate to the SETTINGS > SCHEDULES page.​
1) Click on ADD PROGRAM.​
2) Select A Device in the pull-down and select one of the CIRCUITS that you have created. This can be an AUX CIRCUIT, FEATURE CIRCUIT or a CIRCUIT GROUP. Mostly, you will of course select the applicable FEATURE CIRCUIT that is associated with a pump speed in order to run the pump at the desired speed.​
3) Set your OCCURANCE (usually repeats), your START and STOP TIME and the DAYS TO RUN. Click save.​
I hope the above helps you out some. Please let me know if you have any questions, need a little bit more detail on anything or if you need some screen shots to help you get on the right track.

Take care...
r..

Roth,

What MyAZPool says makes perfect sense to me as I have a pretty good background in Pentair programming.. If what he said makes sense to you, then great!!

If on the other hand, you do not understand a foreign language like "Pentair", then tell us one specific thing you want the system to do and we (meaning MyAZPool :mrgreen: ) can walk you through that one operation.. Once you understand one action, it makes all the rest much easier to do..

You do not schedule the "pump"... You schedule a "Circuit" The system comes with a couple of circuits already set up, but you have to set up the rest..

I suspect that right now you only have the following circuits.. (Of course this was done by the same idiot that set up your SWCG wrong, so who knows for sure. :scratch: )

Pool
Spa
Waterfall
Light
Low speed (maybe)

Show us a list of all your circuits.. For reference, here is part of my list from my EasyTouch, you should have the same info but the screen will look different..

View media item 1964
You will also have a page showing the speed each circuit will have the pump run... Again it will have the same info as mine, but in a different format..

Not sure that helps a lot, but the biggest hurdle to Pentair programming is that has nothing to do with real programming... :) Until you begin to understand their basic concept of how things relate to each other, it does not make a lot of sense.

Thanks,

Jim R.

both of you helped me understand this thank you very much. , I’m all over it And will play around with it today. The pool guy is coming back to correct the swg direct wiring. Let me ask you guys, the old swg had a Intermatic timer I set when pump was running a high enough speed to not show the low flow light. After he corrects the wiring there is no timer for the pentair swg so lets say I run the pump slow at 900rpm which is too slow to generate fc, just let the low flow light stay on and not worry about it? It won’t hurt the swg by staying on without proper gpm flow?

Reactions: Parker1220
Roth,

I can't think of a single reason to run the pump if you are not making chlorine... :scratch:

Just as an example, let's say that if you run your pump for 4 hours and your SWCG at 100% and that generates all the chlorine you need that day.. But, for some reason you want to run your pump for 8 hours a day, just set the SWCG output to 50% or if your want to run your pump for 16 hours a day, just set your SWCG output to 25%, etc..

I'm sure it is just me, but what are you trying to accomplish when running the pump at 900 RPM???

As long as there is flow through the cell, it will not explode, even if the flow switch failed closed..

Another thought.. The SWCG will only run when in the Pool mode or the Spa mode.. You can also run the pump when NOT in the pool or spa mode, which will automatically shut off the SWCG.. (This will not happen until the pool guy fixes how the SWCG's transformer is wired, because the Pump/Filter relay is what shuts off the cell and it will only close when in the Pool or Spa modes.)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim, it’s wired correctly now, i. Playing with the schedules. The swcg on
y comes on in pool mode. Thanks for the advise and help, I appreciate it and you.

thanks,

roth

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.