New Install Was it done properly?

Included a complete replumb of all the equipment.

I never had a heater, or Prologic ....old equipment was superpump, with sand filter

got two other quotes that were more expensive

Yes if I bleed the filter tonight there will be air in there again

Thanks again

Did you have this leak before they changed out your equipment?

I never saw that issue.... with the pump.... i did notice some bubbles if I had a old fashioned vac in to clean the pool sometimes

No I have rubberized coating on all the concrete not a carpet

It doesn't make sense that for that price they didn't make the pump work correctly. I don't think there are any pumps that are supposed to run with air in the intake basket. This just really seems like shoddy work to me. Did they even tell you that you may have a major air leak? If your basket is as you say and only 1/2 way full, it is even worse. I had a pump with a really bad air leak and just the top portion of the lid had air in it. If really 1/2 way that means the pump is constantly priming. I would be concerned about burning the pump up. Not to mention with a filter full of air it is going to be a lot less efficient. That issue needs to be rectified.

I would try slowly running a hose over the lid of the pump and see if the air starts to go away. A leak that bad to me seems like a lid gasket not sealing correctly. If so, it can be fixed with silicone lube.

It doesn't make sense that for that price they didn't make the pump work correctly. I don't think there are any pumps that are supposed to run with air in the intake basket. This just really seems like shoddy work to me. Did they even tell you that you may have a major air leak? If your basket is as you say and only 1/2 way full, it is even worse. I had a pump with a really bad air leak and just the top portion of the lid had air in it. If really 1/2 way that means the pump is constantly priming. I would be concerned about burning the pump up. Not to mention with a filter full of air it is going to be a lot less efficient. That issue needs to be rectified.

I would try slowly running a hose over the lid of the pump and see if the air starts to go away. A leak that bad to me seems like a lid gasket not sealing correctly. If so, it can be fixed with silicone lube.

I have been told that it is due to the fact that I have only one 1.5 inch flex line for suction and that the pump will never fill it completely due to the restriction from the 1.5 line.

How could i check if there is a leak around the skimmer? I heard I can use die/food colouring? Anything else i can use to see if the unions are good on the suction side? I relubricated all orings yesterday and no difference

Thanks again

I have been told that it is due to the fact that I have only one 1.5 inch flex line for suction and that the pump will never fill it completely due to the restriction from the 1.5 line.

How could i check if there is a leak around the skimmer? I heard I can use die/food colouring? Anything else i can use to see if the unions are good on the suction side? I relubricated all orings yesterday and no difference

Thanks again

Did he mention where the air was coming from? Have you fully paid for everything yet?

Wait so the 10k included a replumb of equip and that is what the guy ended up with? Or was piping already there and he adapted to it. I guess u guys have expensive rates up there i can see some stuff is pricey equip wise esp if gas line wasn't there nd run underground

Tristar V900 1.85 in total HP

I lubricated all orings.. noticed that the installer had glue all over the place the left side of the Tcell was stuck together .

I only have 1.5 inch flex line from one skimmer... 20 yrs old now and the installer said that was the problem and that the pump will never fill up... He also told me that the it could be suction side leak and usually at the skimmer... but I just got new rubberized coating around the pool deck done 4 weeks ago and I should not be concerned about a little leak and that he is willing to send out a guy to do a pressure test for me for free... Told him I want it to run perfectly as I just spent 10k on all the new pool mechanical

Did you lube the o-ring in the union ball valve as well? Did you check the handle stem of the ball valve for air leaks? Sometimes shaving cream can show where an air leak is located. Since the water level in the pump is so low I don't know if flooding the joints with water is going to be enough to block the air leak and fill the pump. Use a little shaving cream smeared around each joint, one at a time and watch for the shaving cream to be sucked into the joint. If it is then that is an air leak. You can also smear shaving cream around the outside of the pump pot lid to check it as well. Be sure to check every joint as this could be more than one leak location.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.