New IG build League City, TX

:party: OH YEAH!!! You have smurfs all over your pool!!

If you can find a real smurf and put it by the plaster you will see it is a purrfect match!!

I know I don't need to say it but I am going to anyway!

Do NOT turn of the water once it starts filling. It could cause a ring around the plaster.

Go ahead and put a sock or such on the end of the hose/hoses. This will protect your pretty, new plaster from the metal and it will help filter the water.

Kim:kim:

Gotcha Kim!!

I appreciate all the help!

I was reading the warranty on the Pebble sheen and they want to see pool chemistry results in case of a warranty claim. Does anyone know if my own testing will suffice or do I actually need to take it to get tested somewhere along with my own testing?

That is something best asked of them. I would email them so you have the answer in writing. I would share what test kit you got with them so they know you have a good test kit. Also ask them how often they want you to test the water.

I want to let you know there might be a slight green color to the water at first. This is normal. The true color will come out as the water gets balanced and the plaster cures. Get the water balanced as fast as possible and brush the pool at least twice a day for the first week or so. This helps get any plaster dust up and out of the pool.

Having read other build threads, I knew the water would have a green tint but pictures don’t show everything. It looks pretty green. 65671345-1A70-488D-B49E-EFAD7C1B3714.jpg
Good thing the PB is coming to start up and dumps some chemicals in today. Just started filling hot tub. Took about 22hrs to fill with two hoses.

Got my whale tale tail brush ready to go!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I noticed it in your beginning fill pic so thought I better say something. Try to be there to find out what all he puts in the pool so we can have a base line.

They just put a bunch of chlorine pucks in and he left me with 4-gallons of muriatic acid. He did check pH and TA. PH was 8.0 and TA was 90. He told me to let it sit overnight and check chemistry tomorrow and add acid or chlorine as necessary.

Poolbella,

i saw yours cleared up very quickly. Hoping for the same here.

PB said it was ok to jump in today so what do my teenage kids do????

Attachments

• 64C31689-24E6-4D91-9F4E-3AC68351F6BA.jpg
    64C31689-24E6-4D91-9F4E-3AC68351F6BA.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 73
:crazy: kids LOL LOVE IT!

Glad to hear they put something in the water.

The pucks will add CYA but slowly. What is your water temp? I am NOT going to ask the kids as they will say "it is not cold" while they turn blue LOL

Wow.......that was so scary! The first day of testing and adding chemicals for me and the site went down!

To say I was stressed yesterday would be an understatement!

I was literally trying to open a message from Kim(which turned out to be about the server change.....though I wouldn’t find out till this evening) when it went down. So, I was on my own for the first two days with no reassurances from the wonderful people here.

I just had to relax and try to remember everything I’ve been reading for months. The NPC guide for pool plaster start up was very helpful reference.
Here’s how it turned out

Day 1 after fill:
FC 1
pH. 8.2
CH 150
TA 80
CYA. I filled tube all the way to top so I guess that’s 0.
Using pool math I added muratic acid in the morning after work.
Woke up in the afternoon and checked pH again and it was still slightly darker than 8.2 so I added more acid.

Day 2:
FC 1
pH 8.2
CC 2
CH 150
TA 60
CYA 0
Added acid in the morning. Waited 30min then added some bleach.
pH this afternoon was 7.8.
It was warm here(70-degrees) and it was Friday so the kids jumped in for a little bit. Water temp was 65 which was 5-degrees warmer than the day it was filled and they swam. Crazy kids! So worth it though to see teenagers having fun with each other and NOT staring at a phone!!!!
Added some bleach after the swim to be on the safe side.

Hope I haven’t screwed anything up yet. Been brushing three times a day and the kids even want to help! Pebble looks good and feels great! There is a spot with some sand that won’t go away with brushing. Hope that can get fixed. Otherwise, it seems so far so good. Getting pool school on Monday. They wanted to do it the day of fill but I had to work and my wife wouldn’t have been there. Monday worked for all of us.

And Crash finally got in the water! First time I’ve ever seen his hesitant to get in water. Maybe it’s the cancer or maybe it was because the water was cold! My poor lab has lost so much weight. He used to be 135lbs. At last check he’s just 80lbs.

BD2F84C8-987F-4359-8E6E-147DE17309FA.jpeg

Great pic, and the pool looks very nice. 65 degrees though? :oops: Too chilly for my blood. Today we're getting hit by a massive cold front. It blew in like a tornado. Yeah, just keep the FC between 1-2 for now and watch things. See what your builder recommends on their next visit. Enjoy.

Yeah I thought I was getting to you on time but it happened faster than I thought it was going to.The good news is you did GREAT!!! You did just what I would have told you to do!

CYA-that has to be added so you should not have seen any so you are good there. If the PB wants you to use pucks in the beginning they will add CYA slowly and they will also help with the pH a little bit as they are acidic.

Ask the PB if he is going to add any CYA to the pool kind of as a hint. That way he pays for it BUT ask him if you can add it your/TFP way.

Great pic, and the pool looks very nice. 65 degrees though? :oops: Too chilly for my blood. Today we're getting hit by a massive cold front. It blew in like a tornado. Yeah, just keep the FC between 1-2 for now and watch things. See what your builder recommends on their next visit. Enjoy.

Thanks! Too chilly for me as well. It they didn’t seem to mind.

Yeah I thought I was getting to you on time but it happened faster than I thought it was going to.The good news is you did GREAT!!! You did just what I would have told you to do!

CYA-that has to be added so you should not have seen any so you are good there. If the PB wants you to use pucks in the beginning they will add CYA slowly and they will also help with the pH a little bit as they are acidic.

Ask the PB if he is going to add any CYA to the pool kind of as a hint. That way he pays for it BUT ask him if you can add it your/TFP way.

Happy to hear from ya!!! I’m glad I did alright. The TA is a little low. Should I add some baking soda or just worry about the pH and FC levels for now? And I will ask my PB about the CYA on Monday when we do Pool School.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.