Rolesville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Just purchased a new Marquis Vector series 320 gallon spa. I've been maintaining a pool here on TFP for the last 3 years. Now ready to dive into hot tub maintainence.. Water is balanced at this time. Using an inline chlorination system for now (seems at though they dont get very good reviews here on TFP).

Wondering what the average run time should be for filtering and to allow for adequate circulation and for the inline chlorinator to function. Right now - moderately heavy use. 2-4 people in spa for 1-2 hours daily.

Currently running 12 hours a day - does this seem practical? - not sure where to start. Any guidance greatly appreciated.

That may be a bit much - is it a factory setting? Mine runs to maintain water temp but the filter cycles are 12 hrs apart with 30min up to 6hr duration each. The factory setting is 1 hr then 30 min - so 1.5hrs total. I have it set for 2 hours total. Like I said though - those are filter only cycles - not total run times which vary depending on temp settings & ambient temps. Nor do they include normal use times. I believe all my intake water runs through the filter when mine is running which is whenever its in use (there’s no by pass for when the jets run ) My spa is approx 200 gallons & only has 1 filter. You can back it down & see if u notice a change in clarity- mine has never had a clarity problem on 2 hrs.

Thanks. Out of curiosity- what do you think about the inline chlorinating system (frog). I realize it’s slammed a bit here on TFP, but is it really that bad ? Not easy to find bleach these days and my understanding is adding bleach bumps the ph up quite a bit. Any thoughts?

I don’t know alot about the frog ? system except that it depends on other magic besides chlorine that’s supposed to lower the need for proper chlorine levels which leads to problems due to lack of proper sanitation when bather loads are introduced. Its alot of hoopla & $ to deal with just to have to shock with chlorine or mps anyway. If u want something to give u a steady dose of chlorine no matter what u could get a saltron mini swg. I have one & I love it. I still use the dichlor (until i reach 30 cya) then bleach method but most of my bleach part of that equation is replaced with the swg. I only need to use bleach with heavy bather loads.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.