New Hose Bib Needed For Pentair Pump

Swim138

Mar 14, 2018
Tucson, AZ
The plastic hose bib on my Pentair pump dessicated and fell apart. The local pool supply only has a brass one....I'm thinking connecting a brass part to a plastic fitting is not the best choice. I cannot find this thing anywhere in town , on Amazon and Pentair doesn't sell to consumers. Any suggestion? I believe this is the part # Pentair 153075 3/4-Inch Male Bib Hose Replacement

Attachments

• 511ORkd73EL._AC_SL1081_.jpg
    511ORkd73EL._AC_SL1081_.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 9

Do you actually use the hose bib? If not, just stick a CPVC plug in it..

I can't think of any reason not to use a brass one... It should work fine.

You should be looking for CPVC hose bibs.. Here is a 1/2" example... Homewerks Worldwide 1/2 in. CPVC Solvent x MHT Boiler Drain Valve-VBDCPVE3B - The Home Depot

Thanks,

Jim R.
good find Jim, but This looks to be a slip end...not sure if it'd be inconvenient in case the hose bib starts to leak at some point we'd have to cut out the coupling. the Pentair has male threaded inlet and could be replaced easily. Swim138 - how long did that hose bib last? maybe a brass one is better.

I've never even seen a plastic one I thought they were all brass. Plastic seems like planned obsolescence to me and I highly suggest you replace it with a brass one. I use mine all the time to drain when the pool gets too high from rain. Install with Teflon tape.

Reactions: caycarem
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.