New here, just saying hi!

Chris,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to troll for the answers to all of your pool maintenance questions, whether you live on the "Waters Edge" or not... :shark:

Thanks for the intro... now all you need to do is float over to one of our subject-orientated Sub-Forums and start asking those pent-up questions...

Jim R.

Welcome Chris...

Do you have a proper test kit yet or are you using pool store? May I suggest the TF-100 as an excellent kit!

tftestkits.net

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Jim, I am spending a lot of time in the equipment section looking at SWG issues. As I think mine is on its way out but looking to extend its life.

Trav,

i do not have that kit but I do have the troubleshooter kit. I have also been using the pool store to verify my results. So far they have matched what I have seen from my test kit. I will definitely be buying the FT100 as it seems to be highly recommended and it looks like it’s a more involved test than the troubleshooter.

Good call on the TF-100 Chris. I have never heard of the "trouble shooter kit" and I would think its not endorsed by this site as a "recommended" kit. Please use caution with pool store...nothing wrong with letting them test the water to validate your testing. However, whatever they recommend you add to the pool is a different story! There seems to be two ways to care for your pool. The TFP way which will give you a sanitized sparkling pool or the pool store way which will have you chasing your tail and costing more. Just my two cents...

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Jim, I am spending a lot of time in the equipment section looking at SWG issues. As I think mine is on its way out but looking to extend its life.

Trav,

i do not have that kit but I do have the troubleshooter kit. I have also been using the pool store to verify my results. So far they have matched what I have seen from my test kit. I will definitely be buying the FT100 as it seems to be highly recommended and it looks like it’s a more involved test than the troubleshooter.

Chris,

You are free to use whatever test kit you want... But.... you are not free to provide those results to us when you ask questions.. The main reason for this is that we need to be able to compare apples to apples. If you use the same test kit as the rest of us, when you say your TA is 80, we know what that means... If you use a different test kit, we really have no idea if your 80 equals our 80 or not.

I have the ColorQ test kit by LaMotte... which I use for some of my routine tests, but whenever I need to report my numbers here at TFP I use my TF-100. It is more accurate and is trusted by the TFP personnel where alternate test kits are not. One good example is that the ColorQ measures Total Hardness and not Calcium Hardness... even though the paperwork with the ColorQ "calls" it CH it is really TH..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support